mtbr member

Shimano M590 Crankset Weight

I'll put this hear since I'm using it for my steel SS. When looking at this crankset I couldn't find any good info on the weights. So here you go. The crankset as a total weighs 960 grams including the bottom bracket. It breaks out like this;
    Bottom bracket - 102g
    Rings and bolts - 221g
    Crank arms and Spindle - 637g

So for the SS application the cranks + the BB is 739g. Boom. There it is for anybody else wondering.

It's about 1/2 pound lighter than what I've been using and when I add my 40g raceface ring it should be really nice, stiff, and light.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shimano M590 Crankset Weight-img_3211-large-.jpg  

Shimano M590 Crankset Weight-img_3212-large-.jpg  

Shimano M590 Crankset Weight-img_3213-large-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Ahh, you must have scored this from Jenson for $40! They sold out of 'em in like 2 hours. Crazy good deal for a solid crank set.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pulsepro View Post
    Ahh, you must have scored this from Jenson for $40! They sold out of 'em in like 2 hours. Crazy good deal for a solid crank set.
    Bingo. I'd been eyeing them for awhile and almost pulled the trigger a few weeks ago at $80. When I saw it for $40 I had to hop on it. Too good to pass up. I'm pretty sure I got the last one, since I went back to check order status an hour later and noticed they were out of stock then.

Seems solid. Can't wait to mount tonight.

mtbr member
    Good to know. I bought this crank off Jenson with no need for it, but for $40, why not!?
    Glad i got it fast enough.