Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Shimano / Goodridge compatability question - X-port from Brake Time

750 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Corky3 
G
#1 · (Edited)
I posted this on brake time, but due to the highly mechnical minds of singlespeeders, I thought someone here would know.

On my Surly 1x1 I've got a M-555 Brake on the front, and a M-756 brake on the rear. I used a Goodridge thread in hose on the rear brake, which uses a male threaded fitting into the lever and a banjo at the caliper. I would like to use a Goodridge line on the M-555 on the front but the lever looks a little different. The place where the hose threads into the lever on the M-555 is shorter, i.e. doesn't stick out as far as the M-756. In addition it came stock with a banjo on both ends (which, from the best of my searching, Goodridge doesn't make).

So, my question is: Can I use the male threaded fitting Goodridge hose on the M-555 lever that previously had a banjo on it? or will it thread too far into the lever (because it's shorter)?

#2 ·
Pretty sure,,,,,,

Goodridge make fittings for all Shimano brakes(I'm currently waiting for them to release a kit for AVID JUICIES)......in any case you can buy separate fittings, in your case you could buy another banjo fitting.....

Goodridge.NET doesn't have great info but the Dutch site does.....think it's Goodridge.NL

A good Goodridge Dealer should be able to help.

CHAINREACTIONCYCLES.CO.UK sell separate fittings but I guess the Uk is a bit far for 1 itsy part?

good luck and fret not!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.