Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Sette Suspension Seatposts @ Pricepoint

Anyone ever use(d) these?

Low Rep Count
    Only one I have every used is the Cane Creek Thudbuster and that thing rocks! I have had it for at least 6 years now and it is still working just like day one. I had it on my SS for a while but just took it off yesterday to give the bike a more ridged feel and cleaner look. But if my butt is sore after my next ride you can bet that thing is going back on there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I don't have any experience with them, but I was looking at them the other day and thought about getting one. It would make my rigid a little less "bouncy" I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by forkboy
    And don't be scared to walk. Walking is one of the mystical 3 gears of Single Speed.

Sit
    Stand
    Walk.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Yeah, those ST Thudbusters look nice.

Low Rep Count
    Out here on the east coast (Maryland) we have alot of roots on our trails. I prefer a hardtail frame simply because I don't think my local terrain really warrants an FS set up but the roots can be brutal at times. I picked up this post years ago and have used it ever since. I noticed that at the start of the ride when I have more energy that I am standing up alot more on decents or even using my legs to take some of the weight off the rear wheel while being seated on bumpy flats. But when I start getting tired I have noticed that more weight is on the saddle and I really think this post has helped to preserve my wheels for as long as I have had them. I also run a 1.8 size tire in the rear (planning on swapping that out soon) so I am sure the post has helped out some.

Low Rep Count
    I believe they come with two in not three different elastomer bumpers in varying degrees of stiffness. I have ridden the blue ones the entire time with no problems what so ever. I will say that if you are a weight weenie that thing this is definitely heavier than a standard post but man the comfort can not be beat. The comfort of an FS w/out the weight or the bounce!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I just pulled the trigger on the Sette suspension seat post. Got the SP-367A model so I will take pics and do a little review of it when I get some time on it.
    And don't be scared to walk. Walking is one of the mystical 3 gears of Single Speed.

Sit
    Stand
    Walk.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    1SPD, good info. Thanks.

LilJr, sweet. Can't wait for the review.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I figure $25 bucks to possibly make riding even better is a win-win situation. If it doesn't make it better at all, well at least I didn't find out after paying $120 for something.

Sit
    Stand
    Walk.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJr
    I figure $25 bucks to possibly make riding even better is a win-win situation. If it doesn't make it better at all, well at least I didn't find out after paying $120 for something.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Alright. Here you go and I hope it helps.

Sit
    Stand
    Walk.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Holy crap. That sucks. Mine arrives today too. Did you grease the seat post prior to installation?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    No, I didn't. In my mad rush to check out how awesome it would be to ride, I completely forgot about doing that until it was too late. If you could, measure the width of yours for me please. I am interested to know if yours is oversized as well.

Sit
    Stand
    Walk.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Just received the seat post. Greased it (post/bolts) and adjusted the suspension all the way open. It fit perfectly in the seat tube. Took it for a little spin on the street. I weigh 150 lbs. so I can feel a little suspension. Build quality seems good. Not bad for $35.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I also weigh 150 and it did feel good when I just sat on it in the ground. Would you measure the diameter of it for me? If yours is 27.2 on the money, I may be tempted to give it one more try. Glad you like yours. I also thought the build quality was pretty good.

Sit
    Stand
    Walk.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    27.2 on the dot.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Weird. Thanks, though. I measured my Thomson and it was 27.2 on the dot, so I don't know why my Sette didn't fit. If I can get it out, I will measure it for sure to double check.

Sit
    Stand
    Walk.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    One word: smooth.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Looks good on there man.

Sit
    Stand
    Walk.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Thanks. Did you get instructions with your seat post? Not that I needed any, I'm just curious.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    No, mine didn't come with any kind of paperwork at all. I assume you didn't either? I had assumed that there would have been at least some kind of instructions for adjusting the suspension, but I guess Sette thought it was pretty self-explanitory (which it is).

Sit
    Stand
    Walk.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    None here.

tough guy
    this may be a stupid question already covered, but i didn't find it on the website. is like the cheapo ones with a spring in the tube, just made better? or is it a hydraulic piston with an adjustable orifice and gas charged?

edit: it's an elastomer, is there a preload adjust? or do you just get the two bumpers?

thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Preload adjuster on the bottom of the seat post. Lockout on the side.

mtbr member
    How do you guys like your sette susp post?

I cant justify spending $130 on the thudbuster.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast