Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The Second Cumming - Jan 21 2006

1K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Meat Foot 
#1 ·
#2 ·
It's gonna be fun! Newt Rails to show you yokels that come & visit us. One of 'em just got renamed yesterday from Fungurl to Badgurl. Something about Dirtydown making a pre-emptive attack on a couple trees......... and losing those battles.
All in all, we've got the Secret riding zone in great shape.
Y'all c'mon now, hear.

http://www.onelist.com/community/DisciplesOfDirt

#5 ·
And by the time of ACM just two short weeks away, there'll be yet another new trail with another 1/2 mile or so. We be busy here, 9 people out today a buildin'. Big grins all round. The networks getting so expanded we can't reasonably do it all on our Wednesday nighter. Something like 18 miles in only one of the ways to do it, and there are plenty of options available now, thanks to the efforts of many folks, who have turned into a trailbuilding touyr-de-force as a group.

#6 ·
Mudflaps said:
And by the time of ACM just two short weeks away, there'll be yet another new trail with another 1/2 mile or so. We be busy here, 9 people out today a buildin'. Big grins all round. The networks getting so expanded we can't reasonably do it all on our Wednesday nighter. Something like 18 miles in only one of the ways to do it, and there are plenty of options available now, thanks to the efforts of many folks, who have turned into a trailbuilding touyr-de-force as a group.
Did you finish Stay High?

#8 ·
Mudflaps said:
It's almost done, excepting the exit being kept intentionally obscure for now. Next Saturday will get it done, along with numerous other things, since we should have the strength of DOD out there to form 4-5 crews.
I will try it make it out next weekend. Depends mostly on this frickin' cold.

#11 ·
Mudflaps said:
It's almost done, excepting the exit being kept intentionally obscure for now. Next Saturday will get it done, along with numerous other things, since we should have the strength of DOD out there to form 4-5 crews.
Actually, I think Lswing opened up the exit already, and Albee stayed late yesterday clearing the doubletrack down to the pavement, so it's 100% open. Northridge could use a crew of 2 to scrape duff off the trail, and snip a few last salal and oregon grape plants, but otherwise, everything is ready to go!

Amazing that 10 days ago, it was only a dream. It took a total of 56 man hours of work plus whatever time Shiggy spent 2 years ago on Northridge.

For those of you who havent been to Whypass in a while, we've nearly doubled the trail network in the past 18 months!!

Looking forward to the All Cumers Meat on the 21st.

#12 ·
Sasquatch said:
Actually, I think Lswing opened up the exit already, and Albee stayed late yesterday clearing the doubletrack down to the pavement, so it's 100% open. Northridge could use a crew of 2 to scrape duff off the trail, and snip a few last salal and oregon grape plants, but otherwise, everything is ready to go!

Amazing that 10 days ago, it was only a dream. It took a total of 56 man hours of work plus whatever time Shiggy spent 2 years ago on Northridge.

For those of you who havent been to Whypass in a while, we've nearly doubled the trail network in the past 18 months!!

Thanks, Sas. I did ~15hrs on NR last year (not 2 yrs ago). Looking forward to riding it soon.

Have you done any work on the log ride?

#13 ·
Trails, trails everywhere!!!!

Sasquatch said:

Yeah! Sasquatch and I were talking last night, and we figured something like 22 trails, or at least 22 named sections of trail. To wit: Y2K, Up Yours, Moto Alley, Shoulder Blade, Tree Prison, Cellblock, Love Connection, Octopus Stump, Fun(Bad)Girl, Jiminy Cricket, Albee Darned, Sunset, Donsled, Delsnod, The Instestinal Tract (featuring Burial Ground, Salal and Blue & Yellow), Stumps Don't Win (or Lie, or do what-the-he!l-ever stumps don't do there), Silver Bullett, Redline, Boundary, Northridge, Stay High. Wow -- freakin' WOW!!

'Squatch, we forgot Meth Lab Loop. Not a singletrack, but a fun gravel road & ATV trail section, where I usually get my max speed reading on any WhyPass Ride.

Am I missing any?

What a great trailwork party yesterday! It even added to it that Sparty, the General, etc, came through to sample the work. Showed us how to tweak the trail in certain spots to get the best line.

Can't wait 'til Wednesday night to sample the goods!

#15 ·
shiggy said:
And Helpless (partly gone); Love Connection includes ForePlay, The Pubic Zone, Hamms Hill, and Hammster; Clementine; Naked; Little Stella; Alien Extraction; Albee Spur; Death Row; Sneaky
Wholly fook Batman, I am grin'in and gig'lin like a little school girl just thinking about the ride possibilities! Looking forward this suarez. :D

#17 ·
shiggy said:
Amazingly, the long range forecast calls for it to be 38 degrees and sunny for the ACM!
That'd be nice, but having lived in western Oregon for a while (longer than some of the folks we ride with have been on the planet) I won't count on forecasts that project more than 2 hours away. Plan on buckets of rain, anything else will be a great bonus!

#18 ·
rEgrets

As a veteran of the past two (if you count the 2004 snow-fest) ACMs, I'm sorry to say I won't be able to make it. Too much going on at home. Hope to see y'all at the HC and at BC. Make sure to get a little ForePlay on my behalf.

#19 ·
GlowBoy said:
As a veteran of the past two (if you count the 2004 snow-fest) ACMs, I'm sorry to say I won't be able to make it. Too much going on at home. Hope to see y'all at the HC and at BC. Make sure to get a little ForePlay on my behalf.
GB - we will hold a candlelight vigil in your honor after the said ~2500 feet of climbing. See you at BC (I probably won't make it to HC :( )

M

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.