34N 118W

Sea Otter sampler platter

just getting to sorting some pics out for y'all. Got a roll of film going in today too, including photos of the insanity that was the MTBR booth raffle. By far the most popular event in the venue, with everything from Clif Bars to Jericho frames going out to the masses. Kudos to Andy aka Rut for MC'ing Saturday's raffle and probably losing his voice in the process (nothing some big steins of beer couldn't cure tho). And thanks to Francois, Greg and crew for hosting the coolest damn booth in da house.

Great weather and great peeps made for a rockin', bike-overload weekend. Some highlights were: Friday's gathering at Soquel forest in Santa Cruz featuring many SSers, Padre's wife 1x1 Girl rocking the SS class on her Surly, Andy from Team Hamana racing his 80's road bike converted to fixie w/knobbies in the SS class, in SPD sandals and 42/17 gearing no less. Damn, bro.

Someone post some race pics! Aosty? Hugh? Although they probably ran out of film/batteries/memory by the time my draggin' ass came by

Santa Crooooz photos:

Northbound and down, loaded up and truckin'. With new blue Nokians on the Curtlo. Blizzam!

Santa Cruz gathering on Friday. Just a few folks out for a little spin thru the woods... (Padre & wife Leslie far left)

Andy sizes up aosty's new Dean SS 29er

Biker chicks reprezentin'!

Hugh's a lumberjack and he's OK....

Otter:

How I usually travel to my races (or, the new Race Face kit with outboard bearings and crank/spindle combo ala XTR.)

Lynette @ White Ind. models the new chainring/bash guard milled from one piece of aluminium. By special request from you East Coasters. Lynette is super cool!

The new White two-speed setup; 2 different sized cogs on one (ENO) freewheel, and 2 chainrings up front. Ride to the trailhead, stop, swap gears, ride MTB... neato.

Prototype of the eccentric ENO disc brake mount. Note 2 circles @ mounting points. No actual results yet...stay tuned.

The Velo Bellas get hoopty (and kick butt on the race course)

"gpsser" prerides the race course on Sat.

Happy singletrack to all!

HW
    Attached Images Attached Images

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Cool-blue Rhythm thanks Holly!

now i'll have the lumberjack song stuck in my head all day.

very nice pictures, looks like a good time. i am diggin' the disc-eno and the one piece ring/bash combbo - no possibilities for creaking there! also, those blue nokians are b1tchen. do you like how they ride? how much were they and where did you get 'em? i haven't run tires in any shade but black since the blond panaracers and grey umma gummas of the early nineties, but those are rad. any you, my man, knows how to 'get rad.'
    [size=1][/size]

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Nice!!!!

USB Rep'n
    thanks HW, I hope that one of these years, I get out there. That eno disc hub looks sweet to and would sell like hotcakes (whatever that expression means) if/when it's released). Glad you had fun and I can't wait to see some more pics
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

giddy up!

Alright....

....it's time for Francis to step up with some karaoke pictures...I believe Aosty may have some choice ones as well!:-)
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

mtbr member

schweet

thanks for the great pics!
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Hi, its Sheryl (Hugh's girlfriend) I thought I would see if you posted pics on the Sea otter. I enjoyed meeting everyone and thanks so much for waiting for me all day.
    I hope I get to see all of you again soon!!!

Recovering Weight Weenie
    "What I'm hearing you say.. is that you had a great time meeting everyone and that you are glad everyone could keep up w/ you?"

Quote Originally Posted by mxpunky
    Hi, its Sheryl (Hugh's girlfriend) I thought I would see if you posted pics on the Sea otter. I enjoyed meeting everyone and thanks so much for waiting for me all day.
    I hope I get to see all of you again soon!!!

mtbr member
    lol

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Yo! MxPunky! Check your private messages...i gottsta ax you a question!

pewpewpew Moderator
    Great pictures, hollywood. What a fun weekend! The SoCal crew rox.

giddy up!

Aaaawwwww....shucks:-)

You guys rock as well, and you have the Demo forest! Thanks for the tour!

Get ahold of Aosty and have him post some pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    Great pictures, hollywood. What a fun weekend! The SoCal crew rox.
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

mtbr member

What a weekend!

From the early morning ride on Friday at the Demo Forest (no injuries and no flats?) to the exceptionally wonderful crowd at the MTBR booth.
    Thanks for not stoning me. I had a blast doing the MC'ing and even more fun doing the Kariokee stuff that night.
    Giant prop's go out to the SoCal gang for representing HUGE (again) at yet another NoCal gathering. Maybe there are only 4 or five NoCal'ers that actually ride bikes. Maybe the rest of them actually only pretend to be riders on their computers.
    Thanks to Frances, Pauli, Gregg, Forrest and everyone else at MTBR for everything you did to make it a great weekend.

andy
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Don't forget..Kyle got a flat...
    but the socal girls were there to supply him with a tube and tire levers..and Hollywood provided the pump...

VRC Illuminati
    You SS guys (and gals) blew me away! I was at the MTBR booth when you guys shoved off for your Saturday morning ride and heard about the Santa Cruz Demo ride...amazing.
    Wish I could have been there for that.

It was great to meet Ken, HW, Impy and a hand full of others as well.

I'm sold on the SS thing...just need the rest of the parts to build one up right (vintage of course), then perhaps I can tag along!
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

mtbr member
    It was nice meeting you. great pics. Right now I'm in recovery mode from my scrapes and bruises from being insane, well really stupid. Oh! I ment mentally insane on doing that race on my fixed gear ( I'll never do that again ).
    Someday when I head to your neck of the woods we'll have to hook up and do some of that
    fine riding in So Cal.

CraZY aNdy.

jrm
    mtbr member

"only 4 or five NoCal'ers that actually ride bikes"

Quote Originally Posted by Andy aka Rut
    From the early morning ride on Friday at the Demo Forest (no injuries and no flats?) to the exceptionally wonderful crowd at the MTBR booth.
    Thanks for not stoning me. I had a blast doing the MC'ing and even more fun doing the Kariokee stuff that night.
    Giant prop's go out to the SoCal gang for representing HUGE (again) at yet another NoCal gathering. Maybe there are only 4 or five NoCal'ers that actually ride bikes. Maybe the rest of them actually only pretend to be riders on their computers.
    Thanks to Frances, Pauli, Gregg, Forrest and everyone else at MTBR for everything you did to make it a great weekend.

andy
    Dems fighten words. Theres a guy with alot of body percings asking for ya...

mtbr member

that's not funny!

For a 40 year old, wife beater t-shirt wearing, multi face piercing guy that still lives with his mama, he was scary! Until I bought him a Mickey's Big Mouth that is.
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

34N 118W

newsflash

Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    ..and Hollywood provided the pump...

it's what I do

34N 118W

blue tires

Quote Originally Posted by eSSq
    also, those blue nokians are b1tchen. do you like how they ride? how much were they and where did you get 'em?
    I picked up the set at the LA Bike Expo, on the "junk" tables. They sold for $15 ea. for kevlar Boazabeena (sp?). Cool! Shoulda bought another pair. Being 2.0 I didn't get the cush out of them like a 2.4, but then again I had a rad looking bike for the 'Otter, and as you know, it's all about the looks

side note: they hooked up pretty well on the hardpack, climbed well with little slippage and handled all the sand ok. Can't complain. And the chicks dig 'em

HWJ

Steamroller

Good pics - Good weekend

What a great weekend! I should have tried Sea Otter years ago. It was great to meet many of you and ride with some of you (at least until you dropped me). I would have to say the SSrs were some of the coolest people there and all our bikes got a lot of attention from the gearies and roadies. I hope to be back next year, older, thinner, and fitter.

Other highlights for me were meeting Bob Roll, who in turn introduced me to the woman who fought the mountain lion off her friend at Whiting Ranch. I should remember her name, she is a hero for sure. I also met and started the race next to Jeff Jones on one of his truly unique rigid, but not really rigid custom Ti bikes (he dropped me too).
    [SIZE=2]Two Wheeled and Too Big[/SIZE]

Recovering Weight Weenie

Debbie.

Debbie is her name...

Quote Originally Posted by Mattman
    Other highlights for me were meeting Bob Roll, who in turn introduced me to the woman who fought the mountain lion off her friend at Whiting Ranch. I should remember her name, she is a hero for sure.

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    ...thanks to Francois, Greg and crew for hosting the coolest damn booth in da house.

Great weather and great peeps made for a rockin', bike-overload weekend. HW
    Sorry I missed this year, fellers & fillies. I had a committment that kept me up north in rainy Orygun, but I plan to be back to hold up my end of the fun machine next year.

HW, you forgot to mention them yummy tex-mex vittles and margaritas at wutztheplace.

Thanks for sharing the fun stories and pix. Hope shiggy brought some schwag back for me.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

don't try this at home

"only 4 or five NoCal'ers that actually ride bikes" what??

Quote Originally Posted by Andy aka Rut
    Maybe there are only 4 or five NoCal'ers that actually ride bikes. Maybe the rest of them actually only pretend to be riders on their computers.
    andy
    so who won the ss pro class? probably a norcal-er.

four words sort-of "24 Hours of Adrenaline" buddy.

i hear fast eddy is 'managing' a norcal team - so watch out!