Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

SE Stout Now $315. at Jensonusa

3K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  paco664 
#1 ·
Excellent deal on a entry level 29er at this price. I have seen and ridden on and the component group, although basic/generic, appears to be good quality. In light of quality control issues for a few posters here with the Deadeye (disc tabs out of alignment), the Stout is a deal, especially since Jenson has top notch customer service.:thumbsup:

#2 ·
jimx200 said:
Excellent deal on a entry level 29er at this price. I have seen and ridden on and the component group, although basic/generic, appears to be good quality. In light of quality control issues for a few posters here with the Deadeye (disc tabs out of alignment), the Stout is a deal, especially since Jenson has top notch customer service.:thumbsup:
yeah bikes direct says they arent allowed to go that low so they dont , guess who im buying from....

#5 ·
henrymiller1 said:
Any reviews on this bike? I've been thinking of a 29er, but happy with current ride. But about $300 i may consider it. Thanks
Search the threads and you will find quite a few positives for the Stout. Having seen/test ridden on the trail, this bike would be my number one pick for entry level SS. Also comes with a rear derailleur if you want to go 1x8,9.

#7 ·
nuck_chorris said:
SE Stout no longer available on jenson
Awesome, Nuck. Thanks for resurrecting a 9 month old, long forgotten thread to bring this to our attention. Any other deals from the past we can no longer take advantage of?

Sorry, my comp isn't doing smileys right now.

--sParty

#11 ·
Justinbunyon said:
Double heads up I just returned an unused 2010 17" stout to Jenson last week. Bought it for someone else, they were down to $275. Maybe it'll be for sale in their returned section? It never left my living room floor
thanks but i was looking for a 15 inch version for my brother in law

#17 ·
Ya, the Orange ("Copper") is what i got. It's a nice color; I love it.

Except for the pedals and headset, the components are okay. I had an old pair of CB Candies sitting around so I put those on. Replaced the headset with a CB Cobalt, bought a very used Reba 29er Race fork and rebuilt it ($12 kit on ebay), and did a ghetto tubeless conversion.

Really fun bike, no application overlap with my 43lb Iron horse 6Point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.