ACC
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008

SC Hooligan & 140mm Revelation?

Seeking some advice from those of you riding a Soul Cycles Hooligan with a longer travel fork. I already have a uturn revelation that I want to keep riding and I am looking for a budget SS frame to transfer my parts over to.

Right now I am riding a Spooky pitboss singlespeed, but don't like the chain tensioner set up. Was thinking about one of those forward components gizmos, but now I am thinking about a clean SC Hooligan. The other frame I am looking at is an Orange P7.

I like the idea of a purpose built SS frame, but don't want to experience a big change in ride quality, since the Spooky rides great with a longer travel fork (and climbs great with it turned down to 110-120). Any thoughts on riding a Hooligan up and down steep technical singletrack with 130-140mm up front? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

try it!

I have a Reba @ 115 on my Hooligan, and I am itching to run a longer fork on it. I've got a Rev 140 w/ 20mm on my Spot and I think it would be great on the Hooligan.

A u-turn fork would be perfect, I suspect that there is a sweet spot around 130 that would be just perfect on that bike. Maybe even 140, I'd love to find out.

Go for it.

mtbr member
    Go for it. I suspect that fork and the Hooligan frame would be a very nice combination!