Neg reppers r my biatches

Rode the girl's bike today..

for the first time in about 5/6 months, I took out my geared full suspension.

because it had been quite a while, some differences in my riding were very apparent.

1) felt like I had 2 flat tires and was more like riding a sofa with wheels

2) while I love my SS, it sure was fun to go down some rough terrain I have not gone down in a while that while rideable on my hardtail, would simply not be that fun at all

3) best obvious difference was that I spun out so easily when I tried to ride the hills the same way I used to. In other words, where I would have perhaps been in the granny gear before, I was literally in the same cog (or one larger than usual) but in the middle chainring. I could not believe how much better I could climb, which was really cool.

4) I realized that I do in fact want to keep the full suspension bike. However, whereas I NEVER stood on climbs before starting single speeding about 5 months ago, I really wanted to stand now, for obvious reasons. As such, I will probably pick up a Vanilla shock and have it PUSHed so the bike will then be much more resistant to rider input so I can utlize my new appreciation of standing climbing.

Anyway, while I was actually considering selling this bike and was anxious about whether or not I would still like the bike, I realized that while single speeding is no doubt my passion now, it is fun to mix it up every once in a while....I suppose that as long as you are riding, life aint too bad.

cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

still lurking
    And look how clean it is. It must be the neglected child.
    [SIZE=2]We all have monsters. But mine are scarier than yours. - MNS interpretation[/SIZE]

Waiting to exhale.
    damn, dude. You got it bad, real bad.

I
    Quite possibly the slowest single speeder on earth.
    Now skating 'cause its cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY
    damn, dude. You got it bad, real bad.

I
    you ain't kiddin bro.....worst part is, I just got another $500 surprise from work today for something I did and am already trying to spend it in my mind.....since I have a 29er on order the logical thing to do would be to put it towards that but then again, that would make too much sense for me.

I really dig these and if I can find one for $500 I may get one
    Last edited by FoShizzle; 07-13-2005 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp*rky
    And look how clean it is. It must be the neglected child.
    it certainly has been for sure....but that was definitely a pre-ride shot

Not because I'm fast.....

Come on FoSho..???

Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    for the first time in about 5/6 months, I took out my geared full suspension.

because it had been quite a while, some differences in my riding were very apparent.

1) felt like I had 2 flat tires and was more like riding a sofa with wheels

2) while I love my SS, it sure was fun to go down some rough terrain I have not gone down in a while that while rideable on my hardtail, would simply not be that fun at all

3) best obvious difference was that I spun out so easily when I tried to ride the hills the same way I used to. In other words, where I would have perhaps been in the granny gear before, I was literally in the same cog (or one larger than usual) but in the middle chainring. I could not believe how much better I could climb, which was really cool.

4) I realized that I do in fact want to keep the full suspension bike. However, whereas I NEVER stood on climbs before starting single speeding about 5 months ago, I really wanted to stand now, for obvious reasons. As such, I will probably pick up a Vanilla shock and have it PUSHed so the bike will then be much more resistant to rider input so I can utlize my new appreciation of standing climbing.

Anyway, while I was actually considering selling this bike and was anxious about whether or not I would still like the bike, I realized that while single speeding is no doubt my passion now, it is fun to mix it up every once in a while....I suppose that as long as you are riding, life aint too bad.

cheers
    How dare you come out of the closet and post that geared abomination on this forum. Get a real a FS bike you pansy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 2farfwd; 07-13-2005 at 09:58 PM.

sweet ride....but like mine, way too clean

mtbr member
    The obvious solution is to convert it to an FS/SS and add some platform shocks....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    you ain't kiddin bro.....worst part is, I just got another $500 surprise from work today for something I did and am already trying to spend it in my mind.....since I have a 29er on order the logical thing to do would be to put it towards that but then again, that would make too much sense for me.

I really dig these and if I can find one for $500 I may get one
    Where do you work that $500 bonuses drop in your lap unexpectedly??

We need to talk...

Jim

Sofa King We Todd Did
    Far as I'm concerned, you're singing to the choir, FoShizzle. I have four bikes in four very different flavors. My favorite pairing is my rigid singlespeed Surly 1x1 (steel, steel, and more steel) and my full suspension Cannondale Jekyll 800 (5" of travel front and back, Lefty fork, hydro disc brakes, carbon fiber bits). You couldn't find two more completely different bikes. And I love 'em both and I ride the crap out of both of them.

it's not that great....besides, I only have $250 of it left .....I just bought a PUSHed Vanilla RC for $250 which should make huge improvement

p.s. you riding this weekend?