Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    I Can
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    102

    rigor mootis with reba team?

    hello,
    just had lbs order an 06 rigor mootis SS. am interested in getting a stiff 100mm fork. i have narrowed it down to either the reba team 06 100mm vs. fox 100x. i have been told that the reba will hit the bottom tube of other moots bikes. does any body know if this problem will be the same for the rigor mootis. i called moots but they just gave me a generic answer of not recommending the reba at this time. were not very helpful.
    i am open to other suggestions for stiff forks. prefer 32mm stanchions.
    thanks

  2. #2
    Recovering Weight Weenie
    Reputation: Padre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Because
    hello,
    just had lbs order an 06 rigor mootis SS. am interested in getting a stiff 100mm fork. i have narrowed it down to either the reba team 06 100mm vs. fox 100x. i have been told that the reba will hit the bottom tube of other moots bikes. does any body know if this problem will be the same for the rigor mootis. i called moots but they just gave me a generic answer of not recommending the reba at this time. were not very helpful.
    i am open to other suggestions for stiff forks. prefer 32mm stanchions.
    thanks
    I recommend paying the upcharge so they'll make the frame to fit one of 3 available forks.
    or
    I recommend getting the CK high rise race from Ventana.
    or
    I recommend not spending $2k on a frame that won't work.
    or
    I recommend getting a 29er Moots!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    472

    not too helpful!!

    I would recommend withdrawing your order if you ever get these kinds of feelings from a builder of that caliber. Spending 2k+ on a frame is only worth it if the manufacturer makes the whole proscess comfortable and seamless for you. Is it possible Moots has become too big?
    Last edited by mp29k; 11-15-2005 at 07:59 AM. Reason: wrong manufactuter

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: poff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,066
    Quote Originally Posted by mp29k
    I would recommend withdrawing your order if you ever get these kinds of feelings from a builder of that caliber. Spending 2k+ on a frame is only worth it if the manufacturer makes the whole proscess comfortable and seamless for you. Is it possible Moots has become too big?
    They are not - you just need to order custom which is $300 upcharge.

  5. #5
    I Can
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    102

    fox 100x

    Quote Originally Posted by poff
    They are not - you just need to order custom which is $300 upcharge.

    thanks,
    i just ordered a fox 100x which will be a non issue for the frame. i have this fork on my epic and it rocks! will receive my 06 frame in december.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •