I Can
    Jun 2005

rigor mootis with reba team?

hello,
    just had lbs order an 06 rigor mootis SS. am interested in getting a stiff 100mm fork. i have narrowed it down to either the reba team 06 100mm vs. fox 100x. i have been told that the reba will hit the bottom tube of other moots bikes. does any body know if this problem will be the same for the rigor mootis. i called moots but they just gave me a generic answer of not recommending the reba at this time. were not very helpful.
    i am open to other suggestions for stiff forks. prefer 32mm stanchions.
    thanks

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by Because
    hello,
    just had lbs order an 06 rigor mootis SS. am interested in getting a stiff 100mm fork. i have narrowed it down to either the reba team 06 100mm vs. fox 100x. i have been told that the reba will hit the bottom tube of other moots bikes. does any body know if this problem will be the same for the rigor mootis. i called moots but they just gave me a generic answer of not recommending the reba at this time. were not very helpful.
    i am open to other suggestions for stiff forks. prefer 32mm stanchions.
    thanks
    I recommend paying the upcharge so they'll make the frame to fit one of 3 available forks.
    or
    I recommend getting the CK high rise race from Ventana.
    or
    I recommend not spending $2k on a frame that won't work.
    or
    I recommend getting a 29er Moots!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

not too helpful!!

I would recommend withdrawing your order if you ever get these kinds of feelings from a builder of that caliber. Spending 2k+ on a frame is only worth it if the manufacturer makes the whole proscess comfortable and seamless for you. Is it possible Moots has become too big?
    Last edited by mp29k; 11-15-2005 at 07:59 AM. Reason: wrong manufactuter

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mp29k
    I would recommend withdrawing your order if you ever get these kinds of feelings from a builder of that caliber. Spending 2k+ on a frame is only worth it if the manufacturer makes the whole proscess comfortable and seamless for you. Is it possible Moots has become too big?
    They are not - you just need to order custom which is $300 upcharge.

I Can
    Jun 2005

fox 100x

Quote Originally Posted by poff
    They are not - you just need to order custom which is $300 upcharge.

thanks,
    i just ordered a fox 100x which will be a non issue for the frame. i have this fork on my epic and it rocks! will receive my 06 frame in december.