SSOD

Rigid Fork Question

New to rigids and feel kinda dumb asking this but am looking at a used White Brothers rigid fork for my wuss. I'm checking on the ac length but it came off a 29er. Is ac they only factor here or do they make 29er specific and 26er specific rigid forks? Will it work if the ac is right- looking for something around 44-45cm?

Low Rep Count
    Here is a link to their site.

I am running the 445mm (close to 45cm) on my 26" w/ Race King 2.2's (height of these tires is closer to that of a 2.4) and I still have about 2+" of clearance on the front. I don't see that they have a 29er specific Rock Solid fork only that it is available in about 3 different lengths. I think I could come close to squeezing a 29" wheel in mine but I would need to make sure the tire height was low enough. Can you have the guy measure it?

http://www.whitebrotherscycling.com/rock.shtml

I love mine! I will be looking to buy another one if I build up a 29er!

mtbr member
    If your looking for something with 44-45 cm AC looks like the 445mm fork they offer will do the trick...regardless if it's 26/29 specific

Low Rep Count
    The 445 will result in the feel of running a bike with an 80mm travel squish front. That is what I was taking off so I was very pleased to hop on the bike and have the steering feel the same but more responsive and lighter due to the lack of squish! Love it!

Teen Wolf
    i'm running the 445 on my bianchi lewis.

meatier showers
    A-C measurement is indeed all that matters, dependent on frame design. For instance, I run a "29er" fork on my 26"-wheeled Vulture frame because that frame was designed to utilize a 5" travel sus fork. So any 26" rigid fork would be too short. So let your frame design parameters dictate your fork length, not wheel size.

--sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas