NedwannaB

Rigid fork brake Q?

Looking at a 700c (i.e. cx) Kona Project ll fork in my lbs today and was contemplating putting one on my ss. The bosses look like they could take an xtr v-brake set up aswell. Any chance this being true?

Thanks in advance.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

Bike Dork
    If the fork is meant for a 700c wheel, v-brakes or cantilever brakes will work on it. Just double check that isn't meant for 26" wheels or the brake pads won't line up with the rim.

NedwannaB

Afirmative

Quote Originally Posted by sin3kal
    If the fork is meant for a 700c wheel, v-brakes or cantilever brakes will work on it. Just double check that isn't meant for 26" wheels or the brake pads won't line up with the rim.
    It's a 700c specific fork. Unfortunately the lbs employee couldn't confirm either type brake would work. So I checked it up against a couple bikes, a cx w/ cantis and hybrid w/ V's, and the bosses seemed to be lined up similar.

Reason for question is I run a disc cx wheelset on my 26" mtb but wanted a little more tire. I found a Panracer Fire Cross 700 x 45's but thought they might be a little too tall to fit in the F80 fork. So was thinking I'd switch to a rigid steel or carbon fork. Mounted it and turns out it fits on the suspension
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....