mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Rennen Design Group

I need to get a quiver of chainrings and cogs. Right now I am thinking about the ultimate setup with 32,33,34,35, and 36 plus cogs for 20,21, and 22 all in green because if it's not green what's the point.

In my web searching I have come up with a few places that seem to sell cogs/rings with nice colors. In particular Rennen Design Group has a nice web page with cool looking products.

Before I crack open the piggy bank I need to find out if they are good people to work with.

• What type of experience have you guys had?
    • Are the cogs/rings working out?
    • Has anyone used decimal gearing?
    • How about turn around times?

Please share other thoughts or comments and especially pictures of their stuff.
    Mark Farnsworth, Raleigh, NC
    http://farnsworthbikes.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I had a 16T cog. It is super light, but it did not wear well. I didn't even put a ton of miles on them, and eventually it wore down so much that running it over a chain, it would almost get wedged in the links. My surly or kings have 5-10x as many miles and they don't do that.

mtbr member
    I tried a Rennen aluminum cog. It was worn out and destroyed in only a couple rides. Cheap, but totally not worth it to me.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Same as above.
    High Ho Sultan, Lets GO

mtbr member
    I had the opposite experience as above. I am using the 1/8 version if that helps at all. I am using the 32t chainring and 20t cog.I have a minimum of 500 miles on both, and they are still going strong. Turnaround time was about 2 - 3 weeks.

local trails rider
    I have no clue about their cogs and chainrings but their tensioner and adjustable spacer do what they are supposed to do.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I destroyed a 17t al. Cog in one ride. Sheered three teeth off and yes the chainline was good.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Mine held up good. Average life span. Integrated CR bolts were awesome.

The need for singlespeed
    That's a lot of gears.