Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Ramblin' man

  1. #1
    Cracker-magnon
    Reputation: gpsser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,146

    Ramblin' man

    Goodbye SoCal world,
    I'm leaving you today.
    Goodbye,
    Goodbye,
    Goodbye.

    Goodbye, all you bikers,
    There's nothing you can say
    To make me change my mind.
    Goodbye.


    sniff, I'm gonna miss you guys

    see you on the freak side

    Washington be on alert .
    [SIZE=2]"Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.[/SIZE]

  2. #2
    I'm sticky
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    143
    SoCal is too sunny for a Floyd fan anyway.

  3. #3
    Cracker-magnon
    Reputation: gpsser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,146
    Dunno, it is pretty wet and dreary today, and the rest of the week....
    [SIZE=2]"Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.[/SIZE]

  4. #4
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,330

    Dood...................

    .........stop by Blewjean, Orygun on yer way north. The Disciples of Dirt'll show ya the sloppy singletrack we come ta love this time o' year. Goo, muck, slime, mud, clay and general sticky wetness, ya gots it right here, bro.

    Face it -- yer gonna hafta git yoozta it sooner er later...

    --Sparty



    Quote Originally Posted by gpsser
    ...see you on the freak side

    Washington be on alert .
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

  5. #5
    Cracker-magnon
    Reputation: gpsser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    .........stop by Blewjean, Orygun on yer way north. The Disciples of Dirt'll show ya the sloppy singletrack we come ta love this time o' year. Goo, muck, slime, mud, clay and general sticky wetness, ya gots it right here, bro.
    I gots the CrossCheck with me, but I got my dad with me too..... drivin with dad, fun I will prolly just be driving through. The other bikes are boxed and waiting for a month for the movers, and a place to move to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Face it -- yer gonna hafta git yoozta it sooner er later...

    --Sparty
    Born there, done that honestly, I grew up and lived in the Seattle area, and learned to ride there, year round. Only been dry and dusty and tan and famous the last 3 years
    [SIZE=2]"Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.[/SIZE]

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Andy aka Rut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,168

    Steve...you will be missed....

    Quote Originally Posted by gpsser
    Goodbye SoCal world,
    I'm leaving you today.
    Goodbye,
    Goodbye,
    Goodbye.

    Goodbye, all you bikers,
    There's nothing you can say
    To make me change my mind.
    Goodbye.


    sniff, I'm gonna miss you guys

    see you on the freak side

    Washington be on alert .
    Just kidding Ken!

    But seriously we will miss one of the local legends. We can now call you a legend since you're leaving. Enjoy the great up north and let us know you want visitors. One of these days we will actually get a trip going up there. Drive safe and take good care of the family.

    andy
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

  7. #7
    34N 118W
    Reputation: Hollywood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,267

    If

    If you were a swan, you'd be gone.
    If you were a train, you'd be late again.
    If you were a good man,
    you'd talk with me
    More often than you do.

    *sniff*

    Now git! And take that mangy boy wif ya! Bo'fya! Git!


    call me?
    HW

  8. #8
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    47,279
    Quote Originally Posted by gpsser
    I gots the CrossCheck with me, but I got my dad with me too..... drivin with dad, fun I will prolly just be driving through. The other bikes are boxed and waiting for a month for the movers, and a place to move to.
    Stop anyway! We can hand your Dad a McCloud and he can rake trail while we ride!
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  9. #9
    Cracker-magnon
    Reputation: gpsser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    If you were a swan, you'd be gone.
    If you were a train, you'd be late again.
    If you were a good man,
    you'd talk with me
    More often than you do.

    *sniff*

    Now git! And take that mangy boy wif ya! Bo'fya! Git!


    call me?
    HW
    Still here, but I am going to try to go in a little bit. I-5 is closed just past Castaic. MMM....Snow.

    I gots your numba, I'll be callin. Josh is lookin pretty mangy this morning, He getsta stay for a nother month.
    [SIZE=2]"Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.[/SIZE]

  10. #10
    Cracker-magnon
    Reputation: gpsser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,146
    FYI,

    I made it to WA, west side at least. Going through Weed this morning was a cluster fcuk to say the least. Chains required, some pretty nasty accidents, etc. I am thinkin that SoCal is much wetter than up here at the moment. Enjoy the greenery that the rain will eventually bring. Think I am going for a fixie ride in the morning. I think I need to find some dirt tires for the CC.

    peace, love, and fuzzy bunnie slippers for all.
    [SIZE=2]"Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.[/SIZE]

  11. #11
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,330

    Dood..........

    ...... we was waitin' fur ya. Yoo shooda stopped in fo' a slop ride on yer way thoo Ewe-jeen.

    Now we gots hurt feelers. Yoo gotta come back down here 'n make amends. We hode da rain fo' ya 'til ya gits back.

    --Sparty

    P.S. Da sun come out fur a few minute tuhday, bleeve it 'er not.


    Quote Originally Posted by gpsser
    FYI,

    I made it to WA, west side at least. Going through Weed this morning was a cluster fcuk to say the least. Chains required, some pretty nasty accidents, etc. I am thinkin that SoCal is much wetter than up here at the moment. Enjoy the greenery that the rain will eventually bring. Think I am going for a fixie ride in the morning. I think I need to find some dirt tires for the CC.

    peace, love, and fuzzy bunnie slippers for all.
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

  12. #12
    Cracker-magnon
    Reputation: gpsser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    ...... we was waitin' fur ya. Yoo shooda stopped in fo' a slop ride on yer way thoo Ewe-jeen.

    Now we gots hurt feelers. Yoo gotta come back down here 'n make amends. We hode da rain fo' ya 'til ya gits back.

    --Sparty

    P.S. Da sun come out fur a few minute tuhday, bleeve it 'er not.
    I'll be makin amends, believe me. The mess around Weed (not because of ) really threw a wrench into the day. I am sure I will be in the area soon for work, and will have a bike in tow. Now I just need to figure out where to live. Man my level of organization amazes me some times
    [SIZE=2]"Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.[/SIZE]

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    589

    ... and if we just ... Where you at up here in Warshinton?

    I musta missed yer post 'bout the happenins. Are ya he'yar 'bout Longview, WA? (just offa I-5 north of Portland).

    So what gives?

    bob
    red-haze
    The more I know the more I know I don't know.
    Let the bike ride the trail, you ride the bike.
    Look where you want to go, not where you don't want to go.

  14. #14
    Cracker-magnon
    Reputation: gpsser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,146
    Quote Originally Posted by red-haze.com
    I musta missed yer post 'bout the happenins. Are ya he'yar 'bout Longview, WA? (just offa I-5 north of Portland).
    I'll be in Ellensburg, on the East side. I do have a brother-in-law that lives there in Long-pew, so once we get all settled in another month or so, I imagine that we will head that way occasionally. It has been a long time since I have ridden in this area. My parents live in the Kitsap county region, so if I were visiting it would not be to much of a stretch to come down to Capitol Forest or something either.

    Quote Originally Posted by red-haze.com
    So what gives?

    bob
    Job oprotunity, and all of our family is in the greater Seattle/Westside area. It will be good to be back home and start growing moss again.

    My job will have me all over WA/OR/ID and I will usually have a bike along. If I get a whole day to ride while in the field, I will let people know. Otherwise it will be riding at the beginning/end of the day in what ever remote (or not so) area we are in. I may be on St. Helens in January.
    [SIZE=2]"Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.[/SIZE]

  15. #15
    34N 118W
    Reputation: Hollywood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,267

    home

    glad ya made it.

    let me know if I should swing by and keep the little lady company on these cold nights brrrrr....

    now go ride your bike
    HW

  16. #16
    What's on your plate?
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,854

    let me know

    Quote Originally Posted by gpsser
    My job will have me all over WA/OR/ID and I will usually have a bike along. If I get a whole day to ride while in the field, I will let people know.
    gp - let me know when you're in ID - I'll plan a ride and make sure there's some AB following (or during)...

  17. #17
    Cracker-magnon
    Reputation: gpsser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    glad ya made it.

    let me know if I should swing by and keep the little lady company on these cold nights brrrrr....

    now go ride your bike
    HW

    She would probably enjoy the company.... When I told her I made it to WA, her words were "I hate you" She is funny that way ya know, wouldn't trade her. And what do you know??? It's raining here to. I'll ride tomorrow, time to take some endurolites with those drinks.
    Last edited by gpsser; 12-31-2004 at 08:58 PM.
    [SIZE=2]"Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.[/SIZE]

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    589

    Wink Be sure to give yell then!

    When ya are in the area. Looks like a neat opportunity to do some fun stuff. Get'm to open St. Helens trails soon. We ain't afeared of no little steam spout!

    If ya don't have bike with ya in Longview area, we can come up with one easily. Best riding here really is Winter time and early spring, but rides happen all the time too.

    bike ON

    bob
    red-haze
    The more I know the more I know I don't know.
    Let the bike ride the trail, you ride the bike.
    Look where you want to go, not where you don't want to go.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •