mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Race Face Crank Trouble

Thanks in advance for any help. I have a CUSS that I had kept for a 2nd bike. I decided to throw on some platform pedals and make it available for friends to ride. After about a month one of my friends came back from a ride with the pedal in his hand and the threads all stripped out on the right side crankarm.

My question is whether is can I get a specific red ( to match the original) right sided crank arm?

Can I just get any Race Face crank arm as long as it's the same length or do I need a specific crank?

Thanks, hank

Cyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by hanktoberfest
    Thanks in advance for any help. I have a CUSS that I had kept for a 2nd bike. I decided to throw on some platform pedals and make it available for friends to ride. After about a month one of my friends came back from a ride with the pedal in his hand and the threads all stripped out on the right side crankarm.

My question is whether is can I get a specific red ( to match the original) right sided crank arm?

Can I just get any Race Face crank arm as long as it's the same length or do I need a specific crank?

Thanks, hank
    If it's not too bad, a good LBS can retap the threads.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

My cycling photos. Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    It's pretty bad. I was shocked really at how bad it was. He's a novice so he just didnt know that was something was wrong till too late. I wouldnt mind sticking a egg beater on there permanantly if there was a way.