Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 129
  1. #1
    Curmudgeon
    Reputation: jh4rt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    341

    Good job! Quite Contrary -- to Mary, Mary!

    Sent her packing.

    Here are some pics of the new Groovy Luv Handles installed. I actually am liking the hand position a bit better than the other, and will post a full review after a few rides.

    Thanks for getting them to me so quickly Rody.




    ...got chuck to join my Rock Racing SS team....

  2. #2
    one chain loop
    Reputation: fishcreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,359


    nice bike. is the seat too high or the handlebars too low? nut cruncher.
    everything sucks but my vacuum cleaner.

  3. #3
    Samsonite Tester
    Reputation: Evel Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,993
    Wow what a nice Yo Eddy.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

    There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14



  4. #4
    Curmudgeon
    Reputation: jh4rt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by fishcreek


    nice bike. is the seat too high or the handlebars too low? nut cruncher.
    Seat's a little high, but I like it a little high. It probably will come down a bit...as I figure the bars out.
    ...got chuck to join my Rock Racing SS team....

  5. #5
    WWYD?
    Reputation: johnnyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,591
    Wow,
    Digging that. Nice fork too. Is that a custom build?

    I picked up a Salsa Moto bar. Carbon though, not steel with a 17 degree sweep, 31.8 neck. Also a Ritchey Pro stem. The shop pro Mechs (ex-Team Cannondale) guys guarantee its the ticket. One look at Mary and they agreed that she can't handle big guys.

  6. #6
    igoslo
    Reputation: SoloRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    971
    Wow, very cool. How much did those bars run you?

  7. #7
    Curmudgeon
    Reputation: jh4rt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb
    Wow,
    Digging that. Nice fork too. Is that a custom build?
    Yes. All by Rody @ GroovyCycleworks: www.groovycycleworks.com
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb
    I picked up a Salsa Moto bar. Carbon though, not steel with a 17 degree sweep, 31.8 neck. Also a Ritchey Pro stem. The shop pro Mechs (ex-Team Cannondale) guys guarantee its the ticket. One look at Mary and they agreed that she can't handle big guys.
    Mine were especially at risk because I was running them on an old one bolt salsa and scored them pretty badly on the way in. That wasn't Mary's fault, but rather the Salsa Dancing she just wasn't used to.
    ...got chuck to join my Rock Racing SS team....

  8. #8
    Curmudgeon
    Reputation: jh4rt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by SoloRider
    Wow, very cool. How much did those bars run you?
    $85 plus shipping for black powder coat. I think he is out of stock right now, and prepping for the hand built bike show. So, it may be a while before you can get some. Check with Rody though: www.groovycycleworks.com
    ...got chuck to join my Rock Racing SS team....

  9. #9
    artistic...
    Reputation: colker1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,045
    excelent. the black yo eddy is soo badass.
    i rode the wicked today.. it was raining, i thought... so what? suddenly i was in the middle of a torrential downpour, crazy winds, bolts and thunder. trees falling over cars.
    my dog was scared.
    it was dumb...

  10. #10
    igoslo
    Reputation: SoloRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    971
    Quote Originally Posted by jh4rt
    $85 plus shipping for black powder coat. I think he is out of stock right now, and prepping for the hand built bike show. So, it may be a while before you can get some. Check with Rody though: www.groovycycleworks.com
    Oh hell yes, for $85 you can count me in. I'll get myself on the list at NAHBS.

    EDIT - F-ing typo
    Last edited by SoloRider; 01-19-2008 at 08:11 PM.

  11. #11
    Welcome to the Gem...
    Reputation: Mallanaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    811
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1
    excelent. the black yo eddy is soo badass.
    i rode the wicked today.. it was raining, i thought... so what? suddenly i was in the middle of a torrential downpour, crazy winds, bolts and thunder. trees falling over cars.
    my dog was scared.
    it was dumb...
    but you lived to tell about it. it must have been righteous! must have been beautiful...
    Last edited by Mallanaga; 01-19-2008 at 07:17 PM.
    Ibis Tranny 29


  12. #12
    Curmudgeon
    Reputation: jh4rt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1
    excelent. the black yo eddy is soo badass.
    i rode the wicked today.. it was raining, i thought... so what? suddenly i was in the middle of a torrential downpour, crazy winds, bolts and thunder. trees falling over cars.
    my dog was scared.
    it was dumb...
    Thanks Flavio!

    I'm glad you and the dog made it back. Get any good pictures?
    ...got chuck to join my Rock Racing SS team....

  13. #13
    Curmudgeon
    Reputation: jh4rt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by SoloRider
    Oh hell yes, for $85 you can count me in. I'll get myself on the list at HAHBS.
    Tell Rody I sent you. I'm trying to get hired on as Marketing director.
    ...got chuck to join my Rock Racing SS team....

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    963
    I sent Rody an email last week asking about the groovybars and if he had any inventory. I haven't heard back from him as of yet, so perhaps as mentioned he is out right now and the upcoming show has him wrapped-up. Oh well, all good things are worth waiting for.

    Thanks for the pics!

    Jeff

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    569
    Wow Jeff, that's unlike me. I must have missed your email, my apologies. Please feel free to direct any questions back at me... rody@groovycycleworks.com and I'll take care of you.

    Things have been super busy...projects always seem to take longer than you desire, a lesson that is especially poinient now that the show is looming ever closer. We're hoping to have a run of bars done up by the end of the month so in stock availability should be good again.

    cheers,

    rody
    As requested by the MTBR gods, I am the voice of Groovy Cycleworks, check it out... http://www.groovycycleworks.com

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    963

    Smile

    Rody,

    No worries man, you have been helpful to me in the past when I was looking for some spindle collars on FatCogs so I never doubted I would hear from you. I was on the road last week and sent the email from a rural area in Oklahoma so the message may have never made it to you. I will email you a little later. As always I appreciate your responsiveness and great work on the groovybars!

    Thanks

    Jeff

    Quote Originally Posted by Rody
    Wow Jeff, that's unlike me. I must have missed your email, my apologies. Please feel free to direct any questions back at me... rody@groovycycleworks.com and I'll take care of you.

    Things have been super busy...projects always seem to take longer than you desire, a lesson that is especially poinient now that the show is looming ever closer. We're hoping to have a run of bars done up by the end of the month so in stock availability should be good again.

    cheers,

    rody

  17. #17
    Curmudgeon
    Reputation: jh4rt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    341

    First Ride Review.

    Took them out for a quick jaunt today. There are some very steep and loose fire roads right behind my place, and to beat the rain I decided to do SS laps. Threw the bike in the truck, ran over and probably only did about 3 miles in total, but up and down these steep fire roads with loose rock and some pretty good drops, even a couple of small jumps.

    So, I can tell you that these don't flex like Mary did. They are comfortable, soak up the bumps, but no big flex when I stand and rock the bike. As for position: For climbing I like them just as much as the Mary, but for descending, they are way better. I have a tendency to push back and brace against the bar, and the wider grip and slighter angle of these bars is much better for that (imho).

    So...
    ...got chuck to join my Rock Racing SS team....

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    963
    Thanks for sharing your pics and ride feedback jh4rt! Based on this thread and Rody's excellent customer service and reputation for spinning-out quality parts and frames, I sent in my Luv Handles order today. I am interested in any feedback you could provide on stem set-up for the bars. I am currently using an OS Thomson X4 stem in a 10 degree rise x 100mm reach configuration with a set of truvative team CF risers. I can tell the new bars are going to require a longer stem and just wondered if you had any observations you could share before I go forward with my 25.4 stem hunt.

    Jeff

  19. #19
    Curmudgeon
    Reputation: jh4rt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    341
    I can tell you what I'm running, but not sure it would help. That cockpit space is such a personal thing. I'm running a 105mm Thomson with 5 degrees of rise. And I was running a 100mm Salsa with 0 rise, but with the Mary bars. So, it's all bit confused right now. I was running the Salsa stem more because it was cool than because of truly good fit. The new cockpit fits me better.

    I guess, first suggestion would be to try them with what you have. Because of the different angle, you may like the bars a little further back.
    ...got chuck to join my Rock Racing SS team....

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by jh4rt
    I can tell you what I'm running, but not sure it would help. That cockpit space is such a personal thing. I'm running a 105mm Thomson with 5 degrees of rise. And I was running a 100mm Salsa with 0 rise, but with the Mary bars. So, it's all bit confused right now. I was running the Salsa stem more because it was cool than because of truly good fit. The new cockpit fits me better.

    I guess, first suggestion would be to try them with what you have. Because of the different angle, you may like the bars a little further back.
    Thanks for the feedback and thoughts..

    I forgot you were going from a Mary bar to the Luv Handles (duh..as is referenced in the title of the thread) which means you were already set-up for bars with major sweep. My biggest problem is that my current Thomson stem is an X4 so I can't really test the bar out with the status quo set-up and will have to instead guess how much additional reach I am going to need. Right now I am guessing an added 10-20mm in reach to accommodate the added sweep.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    569
    Hey Jeff,

    The original design of the Luv Handles incorporated enough forward sweep and length of grips so that you could switch from a standard riser/flat bar and not need to change the length.

    The final design shortened the forward sweep a bit and added length to the grips to accommodate all the different shifting options out there. I would suggest running the bars with a shim (available from qbp or I can spin one up for you on the lathe) with your current stem and get a feel for the position. I'm betting though that you're going to need an extra 10mm to maintain your current comfy position.

    cheers,

    rody
    As requested by the MTBR gods, I am the voice of Groovy Cycleworks, check it out... http://www.groovycycleworks.com

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    963
    Rody,

    Great info on the original and current bar design factors, That confirms some of my thoughts on the stem requirements. If I can get a shim, that will be an easy way to test the current set-up to see how crowded the current reach will actually be.

    Thanks!

    Jeff

  23. #23
    Administrator Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,025
    jh4rt any more long term updates on these bars? How are they on extended rides? Etc. TIA.
    Try this: HTFU

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,603
    Those look fantastic! I betcha demand will soar after this thread. I know I'm mighty interested in a set.

  25. #25
    is buachail foighneach me
    Reputation: sean salach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,603
    i really like the looks of them. jones/titec and mary all look too goofy for my personal tastes, but those look alot more streamlined.

  26. #26
    Curmudgeon
    Reputation: jh4rt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    341

    Rain !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher
    jh4rt any more long term updates on these bars? How are they on extended rides? Etc. TIA.
    Sorry guys. It has been raining here since about 2 hours after that first ride. I think this is still California, but...

    I'm hoping to get out this weekend.

    In any case, I will keep you posted as things progress.

    -j
    ...got chuck to join my Rock Racing SS team....

  27. #27
    Curmudgeon
    Reputation: jh4rt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    341

    As promised... a bit more review.

    This could be the perfect bike.



    I have been riding my Ti Gearie lately. Can any of you explain to me why I have so much more fun riding my single speed?

    On with the review.

    Pull as hard as you want on this bar, even for a clyde like me, and it doesn't "FLEX"... However, turn that around and come down some rough stuff, and the angle lets you ride more like a straight bar, so you don't end up slipping up on the bar. And between the fork, the bars and that 2.4 up front, well, I was hanging on the rear wheel of a couple of young guys on 6" travel bikes on the way down. They beat me .... by about 20 seconds. Awesome control, and took the big jolts out, without flexing.

    I know NAHBS is going to launch Rody's list into the stratosphere, so if you want a set of these, you probably better get in line now.
    ...got chuck to join my Rock Racing SS team....

  28. #28
    WWYD?
    Reputation: johnnyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,591
    Quote Originally Posted by jh4rt
    Pull as hard as you want on this bar, even for a clyde like me, and it doesn't "FLEX"... However, turn that around and come down some rough stuff, and the angle lets you ride more like a straight bar, so you don't end up slipping up on the bar. And between the fork, the bars and that 2.4 up front, well, I was hanging on the rear wheel of a couple of young guys on 6" travel bikes on the way down. They beat me .... by about 20 seconds. Awesome control, and took the big jolts out, without flexing.
    I'm still wondering if the one Mary bar I had was a bad apple since no one else has brought this up. Maybe they're not as big and strong as we are!

    But I'm convinced that the Maries are flexy because I had them on two different stems and it flexed on both.

    I just saw my Salsa Moto Ace bar at the shop with a 17 degree sweep and it feels good holding it out in front of me. And it has a 31.8 clamp area, so I don't think its going to flex on me either. I'll get an epilogue post to my Mary situation soon after I rebuild my bike on a new frame.

    I was on my 26er gearie Rumble today and I was passed by a 1X9 Niner and a Niner SS like I was standing still on a steep uphill in Marin Co.
    Last edited by johnnyb; 02-09-2008 at 04:45 PM.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Captain_America1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,124
    how much sweep do those have in relation to the mary?
    i ride the origin 8 space bar which is almost the same as the mary's dimentions. i love it, but i am worried about it breaking. i am about 225 + gear, and i ride pretty hard. i will take a little weight to know i am on a stronger bar.

  30. #30
    artistic...
    Reputation: colker1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,045
    Quote Originally Posted by jh4rt
    This could be the perfect bike.


    I have been riding my Ti Gearie lately. Can any of you explain to me why I have so much more fun riding my single speed?

    I know NAHBS is going to launch Rody's list into the stratosphere, so if you want a set of these, you probably better get in line now.
    i will explain: it's the fork.

  31. #31
    Curmudgeon
    Reputation: jh4rt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    341

    Less Sweep than the Mary's

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_America1976
    how much sweep do those have in relation to the mary?
    i ride the origin 8 space bar which is almost the same as the mary's dimentions. i love it, but i am worried about it breaking. i am about 225 + gear, and i ride pretty hard. i will take a little weight to know i am on a stronger bar.
    For exact dimensions, check www.groovycycleworks.com
    ...got chuck to join my Rock Racing SS team....

  32. #32
    Curmudgeon
    Reputation: jh4rt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1
    i will explain: it's the fork.
    I know, right?
    ...got chuck to join my Rock Racing SS team....

  33. #33
    igoslo
    Reputation: SoloRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    971
    I was at NAHBS and fully intended to pick up these bars while I was there. There was 4 or 5 of them sitting on the table waiting to go for $80. I looked, picked them up and held them, walked away, came back, but just couldn't pull the trigger. I'm not really sure why I didn't get them, they just didn't seem 100% right in my hands(for me). Beautiful bars and well constructed. Mary(on my wife's bike) feels like just barely too much sweep and these felt kind of the same unless rotated down too far for my liking. I guess I can always change my mind today, right?

  34. #34
    Curmudgeon
    Reputation: jh4rt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    341

    BAstage !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by SoloRider
    I was at NAHBS and fully intended to pick up these bars while I was there. There was 4 or 5 of them sitting on the table waiting to go for $80. I looked, picked them up and held them, walked away, came back, but just couldn't pull the trigger. I'm not really sure why I didn't get them, they just didn't seem 100% right in my hands(for me). Beautiful bars and well constructed. Mary(on my wife's bike) feels like just barely too much sweep and these felt kind of the same unless rotated down too far for my liking. I guess I can always change my mind today, right?
    You just wanted to brag about being at the show !!!!

    Can you please at least take and post some picks of his booth?
    ...got chuck to join my Rock Racing SS team....

  35. #35
    igoslo
    Reputation: SoloRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    971
    Quote Originally Posted by jh4rt
    You just wanted to brag about being at the show !!!!

    Can you please at least take and post some picks of his booth?
    Just got back home in Seattle, I'll throw some pics up later tonight

  36. #36
    lowdesertpunk
    Reputation: papajoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    53
    i'm in luv!


    got my luv handles on wednesday and rode it two times yesterday.
    as i expected, the first impression was like something between mary and a regular riser.
    and stiff as hell. i didn't realize how flexy mary was untill this groovy piece showed me, how stiff handlebars can be. that's a very good thing while standing and especially climbing. throwing the bike around tight twists and corners also feels more direct and precise.
    i can't say much about the comfort as i'm riding a suspension fork.

    compared to mary the luv handles offer more positions for my hands. i never really liked grabbing the round curve on mary, the welded construction feels much better. and you can put your thumbs on the ends of the tubes, . great for ascending fireroads or stuff like that.

    the angle feels a little better when standing and safer in steep technical sections. but i think it's gonna take a few rides for my motor functions to get used to it (not as long as the time i first rode mary, coming from a traditional riser). things like pulling up the front wheel and bunny hopping. no big deal at all.

    what else to say after the first few kilometres... rody wanted to hear good and bad things so i searched very hard to find something bad and the only thing i could find, is that i still can't mount my sigma sport mirage lamp without the ugly stacked adapter thing (had this problem with mary already). but i only mount the lights when it's dark, so it doesn't matter anyway, .

    speaking of looks and esthetics... mary always looked a little strange, even though i was kinda getting used to it.
    the luv handles look just rad!

    so here's some more pictures:






    comparison to mary:







    thank's again to rody.


    skøl from germany,
    martn.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,448
    I don't know that I understand how a bar can be very stiff, and yet be compliant on the downhills. I really like the look of this bar an I'm very interested. But I just wish I understood this a bit better.

  38. #38
    WWYD?
    Reputation: johnnyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,591

    Speaking of Salsa dancing...

    Quote Originally Posted by jh4rt
    Mine were especially at risk because I was running them on an old one bolt salsa and scored them pretty badly on the way in. That wasn't Mary's fault, but rather the Salsa Dancing she just wasn't used to.
    I finally got my Salsa Moto bars (Aluminum) up and running. They have a 17 degree sweep and are comfortable and stiff. Barely any movement on the climbs and in the garage. Here's a pic of them compared to my Titec H-bars. I'm pretty satisfied, but I just sent an email to Rody about getting some Love Handles too! (Its nice to get a lot of overtime when its raining outside!)

    Yeah, I'm over Mary now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  39. #39
    lowdesertpunk
    Reputation: papajoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    53

  40. #40
    I like butter
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    456
    I have enjoyed my Luv Bars on quite a few bikes that I have used Marys on and hope to have more in the future. Rody handed these to me at the Cackalacky Cup last year and I slapped them on my WTR for the ride the next day.



  41. #41
    ridin' Mary
    Reputation: OhNooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    347
    Hi Timbercomp,

    Did these not have the stickers back then, or did you peel them?

    I'm still waiting for my Luv Handles to arrive, but the daily check of the porch keeps coming up empty. Tick Tick Tick. I can't say I'm in Luv with those very large stickers, so I like the clean unadorned look your bars have.

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,448
    Quote Originally Posted by OhNooo
    Hi Timbercomp,

    Did these not have the stickers back then, or did you peel them?

    I'm still waiting for my Luv Handles to arrive, but the daily check of the porch keeps coming up empty. Tick Tick Tick. I can't say I'm in Luv with those very large stickers, so I like the clean unadorned look your bars have.
    I placed my order, and the next batch won't be ready for 2 more weeks. I completely agree about the stickers though. I'm interested to hear what Timbercomp has to say too.

  43. #43
    I like butter
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    456
    they did not have decals, Rody brought Bill and crew down for our fest and they had two of them to show us and Jeff and I stole them I think that these were really early in the making of them but I am not sure..maybe Rody can tell more, but I am guessing that the decals were not made at that time.

  44. #44
    is buachail foighneach me
    Reputation: sean salach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,603
    i might have just missed it, but does anyone know about how much they weigh?

    *checked the site. nevermind. 275grams uncut.

  45. #45
    ridin' Mary
    Reputation: OhNooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    347

    Not quite as contrary to Mary...

    ... but mainly because I put these bars on my Haro Mary.

    I just recieved my Groovy Luv Handles last week and took this out on a first ride this weekend. All I can say is WOW! I LOVE THESE BARS!

    Years ago, I broke my left wrist, and the quack doctor on call at the emergency room snapped it back into place. Well, mostly into place. My hand is now attached about 15 degrees from where it should be.

    I've had lots of problems with flat bars since then with constant hand numbness issues. When I got the Haro Mary with the On-one Mary bars, most of the problems with hand numbness went away. But the On-one Mary bars always seemed a bit akward. If I'm decending down a rocky slope, I would have to hold onto the grips for dear life, as my hands always wanted to travel along the grips. When I try cornering on tight switchbacks, my elbows always went into my sides and I had a hard time swinging the bars around quick enough (I almost always took switchbacks wide). And when I tried to bunny-hop trail ruts, I never felt like I was in control. Again, my hands wanted to slide along the grips while hucking, and I just never knew if they would slip and I would lose control in mid-air. But I rode them for a full year because they didn't cause the discomfort that straight bars do.

    I have an entirely different bike now that I've switched to the Luv Handles. I still have the same wrist comfort that I got from the Mary bars, but now I have complete control over this bike. It's a gas to bunny-hop ruts now. I have complete control and my hands stay exactly where I want them to be without having to death-grip the bars anymore.

    I also like getting out of the seat and climbing better. The stiffness of these bars along with the hand position leads to very positive feedback from the bike while climbing.

    I was also expecting these bars to be heavier than the On-one Mary bars. But when I took off the Mary bars and held both in my hands, I could not tell any noticable difference in weight. I don't have a gram scale, but I could not tell you which was heavier just by handling them. That's close enough for me!

    Rody, you got these exactly right. I would not change a thing.

    Here's a couple of gratuitous pictures. You can see that the Rohloff twist shifter fits just fine on these bars.


    Here's the full bike. I thought the stickers on the bars were really annoying when I opened the package and first saw them. But when the bars are on the bike, the stickers look just fine:

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    963
    I got my Luv Handles last week as well, and haven't really had a chance to take any lengthy rides with them yet. I know one thing for sure though, these bars feel right on the money for me personally. I have had a lot of flat bars with different sweeps, and various risers as well over the years, but none felt as ready to the hand as these do. Nice work Rody!! I look forward to putting many miles on these bars and will try to get a few more shots of the bars at some point.



  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    259

    room for a light?

    Is there room in the center section of the bar to mount a light? It looks like straight real estate is pretty slim, especially when using a stem with a four bolt faceplate.

    Anyone got the silver color? Pics?

    How long is the rear extension? I'm a one finger braker (using Avid Juicy 7s) and need to make sure I have enough room to get my levers far enough from my grips.

    They do look good. Time to decide if the Jones on my bike now gets to stay...

    Jeremy

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    963
    I have a nite-rider clamp that I can test-fit for you tonight to see if it will fit ok.I will also measure the rear extension while I am at it and report back this evening.

    Jeff

  49. #49
    lowdesertpunk
    Reputation: papajoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by JST169
    Is there room in the center section of the bar to mount a light? It looks like straight real estate is pretty slim, especially when using a stem with a four bolt faceplate.

    Anyone got the silver color? Pics?

    How long is the rear extension? I'm a one finger braker (using Avid Juicy 7s) and need to make sure I have enough room to get my levers far enough from my grips.

    They do look good. Time to decide if the Jones on my bike now gets to stay...

    Jeremy
    i guess it depends on the clamp of your lamp. my small townie light fits just fine, but my old sigma sport mirage with its quite wide clamping won't fit without an adapter.

    one finger braking works just fine for me (with magura louise 03 levers).

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    963
    I checked my Nite Rider clamp and "no dice" its too wide for the small flat area next to the stem. As noted a narrower clamp would work fine, and the choice of stem might have an influence as well.

    Bar length from the inside bar intersection is around 7". Plenty of room for shifters, levers, and grips with room to tailor where they sit on the bar.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •