More beer please

Large Marge question for Inbred owners or Brant

I'm wondering if any of you have tried running Surly Large Marge rims on your inbred. It says on the website the frame can accept 2.7" tires, so maybe it's possible? My friend recently built up a 1x1 with them and was able to make it work(with a little filing on the brake bosses and removing the adjustment knobs on his Avid disc brakes). I've been thinking of getting a Pugsley, but I figured I could ride the Inbred all year with just a wheel change. Any ideas?
    Last edited by brewboy; 01-03-2005 at 07:47 AM.

markybrue
    Jan 2005

Good Choice with the 1x1 Brewboy...

I noticed the pics of the new surly 1x1. I am surprised that you got zero response on this post from on one. I would think they would want to sell a shop guy on their product!!!

Oh well, the 1x1 is a great winter machine.

Quote Originally Posted by brewboy
    I'm wondering if any of you have tried running Surly Large Marge rims on your inbred. It says on the website the frame can accept 2.7" tires, so maybe it's possible? My friend recently built up a 1x1 with them and was able to make it work(with a little filing on the brake bosses and removing the adjustment knobs on his Avid disc brakes). I've been thinking of getting a Pugsley, but I figured I could ride the Inbred all year with just a wheel change. Any ideas?

markybrue
    Jan 2005

Good Choice with the 1x1 Brewboy...

I noticed the pics of the new surly 1x1. I am surprised that you got zero response on this post from on one. I would think they would want to sell a shop guy on their product!!!

Oh well, the 1x1 is a great winter machine.

Quote Originally Posted by brewboy