Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Question about J-bars or H-bars and stem length

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Lucid 
#1 ·
I currently am running a 90mm stem with a set of riser bars that are slightly rolled back. I am interested in trying either the J-bar or H-bar (titec version); I wanted to know what stem length you would suggest for running these bars based on my current set up; will I need a longer stem to get the same fit?. Right now , I feel like I could actually run a 70mm stem with my current setup and possibly have a better fit, so if these bars usually make you run a slightly longer stem then my present stem might work.
Thanks for the help

#2 ·
I'd try them with your current stem first. If it feels like the bars are too close, then go with a 110mm stem. You might also find that a stem with a bit more rise (or a few more spacers under the stem) helps to get the Jones Bar in the correct position.

You will also want to play around with the angle of the bars. Start with the grips aimed at the rear wheel quick release. I tend to run them a few degress 'flatter' than that, but always start from the same default position when fitting a new bike with those bars.

After owning Jones Bars for going on 5 years now, I have a nice collection of Thomson stems in a variety of lengths and rises; I get get the bars set up on almost any bike... :)

Joe

Lucid said:
I currently am running a 90mm stem with a set of riser bars that are slightly rolled back. I am interested in trying either the J-bar or H-bar (titec version); I wanted to know what stem length you would suggest for running these bars based on my current set up; will I need a longer stem to get the same fit?. Right now , I feel like I could actually run a 70mm stem with my current setup and possibly have a better fit, so if these bars usually make you run a slightly longer stem then my present stem might work.
Thanks for the help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.