mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Props to Tom at Vassago

Well, to say Vassago has been on a pretty rough road over the last couple of years would be an understatement, but I just wanted to throw out a little positive word for the New Improved! Vassago. I recently stumbled across the new website and in a 3:00 am haze, ordered a head badge for my Jabber wondering if I would ever see my order. I had an email from Tom at Vassago by around 10:00 am that same morning saying my order had shipped. That's a quicker response than many of the well-established e-tailers I've ordered from, and any other emails/questions I have had since, Tom has usually responded within an hour or so! Anyway, I have no ties with the company (obligatory hater defense), just a happy Jabber owner, and just wanted to give credit to Tom for stepping up. If he continues to work hard at customer service, he could very well breathe life back into the brand. Maybe a "Stay Classy MTBR" on the horizon?

I hope them the best. I had a Jabberwocky a few years ago and actually got great customer service. They even sent me a gear plug for free. Then I read about the self-destruction.

Hope their excellent customer service keeps up. As long as they give good service, they'll bounce back quick, in my opinion.

meatier showers
    Huh. Thought they were OOB. That's good news though I was personally never a fan of wet cat.
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I discussed a similar experience in another thread. Tom is really stepping up to the mic. Quick responses, great support.

mtbr member
    I ordered a headbadge, Jabbernuts and a t-shirt. I never got a shipping notice, but I got everything less than a week from when I ordered. They were also responsive when I had a question. So far, no complaints.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Well, glad to hear a few other positive experiences. I just figured Tom deserved a little pat on the back for working at turning things around. I know I wouldn't have the means or courage to take on ownership of a bike company - especially with some baggage. I'm just glad and hope for his success, I really think Vassago makes a great frame at a pretty reasonable price (if you like the geo). I broke my last single speed frame (another brand) and have been a little twitchy about it happening again but so far, my Jabber keeps on rolling without complaint. Oh yeah, and their headbadges look sweet!

Desert RAT
    I also have had a great experience with them. I have ordered another Jabberwocky, a headbadge,and a shirt and hoodie. Great service and super fast shipping. I'm so glad they are back, Love the Jabber!