elbow gloves

Project 2 fork and Hope mini compatibility

Has anybody had success with installing a hope mini brake (2003)on a Kona project 2 fork (2005). I just installed mine and the wavy rotor of the mini seems to be rubbing the return spring for the brake pads at the back of the caliper, bogus. Has anybody had this problem?

THanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

I have a kona Jump fork

Quote Originally Posted by kinkcrazy
    Has anybody had success with installing a hope mini brake (2003)on a Kona project 2 fork (2005). I just installed mine and the wavy rotor of the mini seems to be rubbing the return spring for the brake pads at the back of the caliper, bogus. Has anybody had this problem?

THanks
    I have a kona jump fork, beffier P2, and just installed a 185mm avid bb7 brake. I didn't have much trouble but I did put a washer on the outside of the IS tab cause otherwise the bolt would stickout of the outside of the adapter and be close to the rotor. I like the kona forks, but I don't have any experience with hope or hydrolic brakes. The kona fork quicked the handling of my monocog cause of it's 25mm shorter length, now it handles like a 24inch bmx cruiser...sweeet.