Sweat is just fat crying.

Prairie City races, single speed questions (X-post)

Anyone raced this series on an SS? From the pics, it looks like a lot of wide-open area that would require too much spinning. Am I wrong? Is it a fun race on the SS?

Info here.

Bonus thread- worst case of PO here.

Thanks.
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

mtbr member
    2:1 is too spinny for most of the courses they create out there. I ran a 32x15 last year on my 26er. I'll be running a 29er this year and I think I'll start with a 32x17. If that's not enough, I'll go 33x17 or 32x16. I know there are a lot of guys out there running ridiculously high gear inches. What's cool (or not cool) is that they change the course every week, so one week it might be 80% flat hardpack and turn into a dirt crit, and the next week they throw in ALL the climbs and soft dirt sections. So you never really get to dial in that "perfect" gearing, and at the same time you might get lucky. Either way, it makes for a good challenge and good conversation over beers after the race.

mtbr member
    the SS classes are big, I would say go one tooth harder than you normal ride
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuzzbl
    aluminium has a tendency to fail when you need it most. i.e. you end up with a bad day.