Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your SS pics here!!!!!!!!!

7K views 48 replies 34 participants last post by  sxconway 
#1 ·
Just thought it would be good to have a thread full of rides to look at. The orange one is my Teesdale SS and the brown one is my $7, mid 70s JCPennys "Slightweight" SS. Shes my bar hoppin bike cause if it gets stolen its no big loss. All though it is in excellent shape.

Attachments

See less See more
#29 ·
Chazza's Leader...

I posted this last time a 'calling all bikes' post rolled around, and now have a better picture. It's a Leader frame (read: cheap), Truvativ SS cranks, XT/317 wheels, 2.4 Motoraptors, Titec Hellbent bars, SpeedShe saddle, and Hayes mech brakes. It does everything it's desgined to do, and nothing more. It will survive the trip back to Australia, and won't whither away when it doesn't get much maintenance.

And my Chameleon, which has changed a bit since I last posted it. New bars (fat Planet X risers) and tires (Pythons), new saddle and seatpost (Titec XC Pro, and WTB Speed V), and a homemade bashguard. Badass blue grips, too.

#31 ·
thanks...

singlespeedy said:
Dude that LeTour is bad as hell!!! I need to get a banana and some ape hangers for mine.
You wouldn't believe how fun that thing is to ride! I rode it in our local Christmas parade with one of our bike shops, and it's the bike of choice for pub crawls. All the girls want to ride it. The road front brake is pretty dicey, but does the job if you plan ahead! I had it set up fixie for a while, but couldn't cut it with the flat pedals, and didn't want to limit myself to clipless riding only.

That was actually my first road bike (used), with all the original "Scwhinn Approved" 10 spd stuff. It's a 64cm frame, and rides like an enormous Sting Ray. It can ride a mean wheelie, too. Post a pic if you build one with a banana and hangers! Thanks to Joel in KC for the bars, and A&B's junk pile for the banana seat!

#41 ·
My new Surly 1x1

Here is my overbuilt Surly 1x1

https://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/MADSurly-1.jpg

Basic component list:

Paul hubs and break levers
Avid disks (185 front, 160 rear)
King Steel Set headset
Truvativ Hussefelt bar, stem, cranks, giga pipe 4 bearing Team DH BB, XR double clamp seatpost
blah, blah, blah

Bottom line this is the best riding bike I own and I can't wait to break it in even more.

#43 · (Edited)
Four of four

"Don't have a pic of my singleator'd Deep Cove HandJob commutant, but who needs to see clip-on fenders and reflectors anyway?"

Well, as it turns out, I do have a pic of the commuter leaning on a bike locker. While it does have reflectors, the fenders were off for the summer when the shot was taken. I'll be pressing this Frankenbike special back into service within a week or two.

Component highlights include an old Specialized rim I bought while on a trip and checked through as baggage on the flight home, a front wheel I scored for $2.99 at a thrift store, a "Godspeed" tensioner (a shameless ripoff of a Surly Singleator), a neat AC BMX chainring I'd like on my real SS, and a bagfull of headset spacers atop a not-suspension-corrected-enough GT hard fork that makes the bike a twitchfest to ride. I keep a special place in my heart for bar ends.

#48 ·
it is like crack......

Finally got my SS conversion out on the trail today. Rode at Bluff Creek on the NW side of OKC figuring it would be a nice tame place to try it out. I planned on doing about 2 laps (4 miles per), but ended up doing 4. Everytime I got around to the start point my body was saying no, but my brain was saying yes. I just couldn't stop!!! I may be hooked.....

My bike is a '90 or so Ross Mt Hood chromo frame/rigid fork. Only real improvment is the LX v-brakes and singulator. Chainring is a cheapo Nashbar 36T and cog is Nashbar 21T. That seemed to work well for my current abilities. Now to save up for that Explosif frame and goodies.

Beau

#1 - My bike on the trail for proof
#2 - I couldn't find the SMALLEST store. Saw this on my way back from OKC to the sprawling metropolis of Enid, OK.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.