Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

POLE, I mean, POLL...how often do you ride?

I haven't ridden in in almost a week. I know, I can hear the seams of my pants ripping from my excess fat.

mtbr member
    We try to ride twice a week

Awesome! Totally awesome!
    Jan 2004
    i commute 'bout 3 days a week during winter, ride for fun maybe one or two. During summer, I'm on my bike one way or another about 5 days a week.

Account Retired

Listen! Riding

[size=3]During the dark time (November-February) I get on a spin bike twice a week and my ss twice a week (the pool 3x, the gym2x).....during prime season 5 to 12 times a week........(the pool 3x, the gym 1x, trail run 1x)[/size]

ride on(e)

4 or 5 times per week

my weekday rides are all late night rides (10pm) for one hour, it's the only time I can ride (wife and 2 kids)

I try to get to a decent trail on the weekends......not too many to choose from here in Wichita, Kansas

mtbr member
    3 to 5 times per week if possible. I'll take the bike with me to work and will ride after work on a trail near by. Saturdays I take my son to the trails and Sundays I ride with the big boys.

Cyclist

5x a week with good weather, 4x with bad

Sunday, long MTB
    Monday short easy road ride
    Tuesday Hammer Road ride
    Wednesday Night, social night ride with buds
    Thursday off or make up day due to weather
    Friday, long to medium MTB, sometimes with friends (or go hammer the CX bike)
    Saturday OFF with Family
    Sunday do it all again.

I consider 4x a week in the coldest months to be real good. 6x a week in the summer is not unheard of.

My work hours are conducive to riding. 4AM-1PM.
    Location, central NC.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

My cycling photos. Enjoy!

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by SS'r in Kansas
    my weekday rides are all late night rides (10pm) for one hour, it's the only time I can ride (wife and 2 kids)

I try to get to a decent trail on the weekends......not too many to choose from here in Wichita, Kansas

whoa, that's almost exactly what I do! I usually leave at 9:30 and ride until around 11 on weekdays and tend to get out almost every night. Sometimes, I'll do the road when I'm really feeling tired (I've noticed that bad things tend to happen when I'm really beat and off road at night - go figure!). On the weekends, I'll usually ride both days off road, one local, one maybe a little less local depending on what my wife and kids have going on. During the summer, it's more or less the same but I'll throw in some races for some of the weekend rides and I also hit the bmx track with my 9 year old once a week too.
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

Ride what you want!!
    Where is the ficken poll?

george
    Trogs: Too Tough for Carbon Fiber

Jed Peters
    Quote Originally Posted by george_da_trog
    Where is the ficken poll?

george

Tell me about it.

I ride 2-5x a week (that I turn a pedal) in the winter.

mtbr member
    Aside from running errands daily, I ride off-road pretty much every other day, all year long. Right now I'm out for about 2 1/2 hours at a pop, but once the snow melts on the good trails up in the mountains, I'll extend some of those rides to 4-6 hours.

I do the every other day thing, because that's what my body can handle. As I'm sure you guys know, there is no easy ride on a single, 'specialy when you live in the hills/mountains. I always go super-hard, and need that day of recovery in between sesions.

wheeeee!!!

as often as I can

I've got wife and kid, so weekday night and early morning rides are the only way I can hit the singletrack. I started road commuting once, maybe twice a week, 46 miles round trip, which gives me a decent aerobic base. On the weekends I try and get out for a 2-4 hour local ride.

All in all I ride maybe 4 times a week.

blame me for missed rides
    each week one causual club ride, one faster solo ss ride, two road rides ~1 hour each.

Recovering Weight Weenie

oh lets see....

not as much as Andy aka Rut.. but the wife and I get out at least 4-5 days a week. We always take Friday's off...
    When my wife isn't training for races we usually measure about 60-75 offroad miles a week..the road bikes only come out when weather or time don't allow real riding....

Mashers Only!!
    2 to 3 slow ones a week!!

HUGH

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by HUGH
    2 to 3 slow ones a week!!

HUGH
    Hugh, you are the FASTEST slow rider we've ever met. Even when you've not ridden in a month..you're an animal!

King Pin
    Almost every day.

'Tween commuting, roadie and offroad, I've missed 4 days in the last two years.

Is that a record? Whatdo I get?? Why do I STILL weigh two hundred and thirty eight pounds??

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm in the unfortunate position of having to complete the route design for a big mtb stage race coming to SA in Feb. I rode everyday for the past 4 days and got paid for it!!
    I have a buddy who's on the 120-ride-a-year plan. The idea is to log your rides all year long to reach this goal. On good weeks you do more to make up for the bad ones...

Cheers

Cracker-magnon
    Now that the semester is started, and every one is done traveling/being sick 3-4 days a week commuting on the fixie, and a weekend ride on the single. Back to the gym as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ernesto_from_Wisconsin
    I haven't ridden in in almost a week. I know, I can hear the seams of my pants ripping from my excess fat.
    [SIZE=2]"Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.[/SIZE]

Professional lurker
    Did a 20 mile snow ride on Jack Hammer yesterday. although, with the 6-8 inches we're getting today, I'm likely to get the roadie and trainer out of my van and spin indoors for an hour or so.

Layoffs suck...

Ebo
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003

About 5 days a week....year long....

Take Wednesdays off since my kids get out of school early and I work at the school library and one day off on the weekends. Otherwise, I'm out on Mt Diablo riding, hiking, and trail running. The days I trail run I ride my beater to one of several trail heads and ditch it along the trail. Half the days or more I'm on my SS. State park entrance 4/10th of a mile from my front door. Kind of like living at the bottom of a ski resort.
    Last edited by Ebo; 01-14-2004 at 10:00 AM.

highly visible
    MTB? Highly variable, but probably averages 1-2x per week.

Commute (also mostly SS)? 2-3x per week, 25 miles r-t.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Sad...it's almost been too long to remember

but the skiing has been good

don't try this at home

If I'm lucky

Quote Originally Posted by ernesto_from_Wisconsin
    once a week. been too busy with remodeling around the house to get away. and when I've had time it's been pouring rain. hopefully with the remodeling about done i'll be able to get in at least a couple of rides on the weekend.

Jabberwocky Jockey

Sometime not enough

1 to 3 times a week, mostly on my singlespeed (more bang for the training buck) and always in the dark (until the time changes back). Since getting married and having a kid, I ride ALOT less than I used to but I appreciate it more (plus the wife and kid aren't to bad, I think I'll keep them).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast