Thread: Playin' Hooky

Cracker-magnon

Playin' Hooky

Dock said I had to stay off the bike until yesterday, after crashing on the fixie a week and a half ago. What would you do? Riiight, email the office mates and advisor and tell them I am going to work at home so I can run some "errands". The most important being to inspect the trails. SoCal was beautiful, sorry no pics, but I went to Cheeseboro Canyon in Newberry Park, near L.A. The sun was out, the veiw accross the Valley on top of the ridge was spectacular (I could see Mt Baldy for those of you who know the area). I learned a few things about my body. Just cause the doc said I could get back on the bike, does not mean my bruised ribs feel 100%, especially cranking on the climbs. And 4 rides total for the last 6 weeks or so does not necessarily keep you in shape.
    Oh well, It was fun, it was a little sore, but the weather was so good, and the trails so empty that it was worth it.
    [SIZE=2]"Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.[/SIZE]

Bikes not Bombs.....

Glad to hear you are progreSSing....

Glad you are on the mend. Mt Baldy must look very pretty this time of the year, how much snow is there?

I used to live next to Puddingstone Reservoir, always enjoyed the view when it was clear enough to see it.

All the best.

JS
    [SIZE=2]Thanks to all of you for your friendships on this board..... [/SIZE] -

34N 118W
    Nice escape! what loop?

Cracker-magnon
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    Nice escape! what loop?
    I did Ridge trail (fire road) to Sheep Corrall, and most of the way up to where it drops back into Palo Comado Canyon, and then came back down Cheeseboro Canyon. ~12 miles or so. My left hand (the one that was stuck between the pavement and bars on my fixie) hurt the whole way back to the car, on every bump. I knew it was stiff around the scabs, but this was a bit deeper. I am thinking of doing the MWBA trail work on El Prieto on Saturday.

got that thing built yet?
    [SIZE=2]"Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.[/SIZE]