Waiting to exhale.

A pig with diamonds.

WOOT! I finally rode my old deore wheels into the ground and that gave me the excuse to upgrade! I still want a blingle speed but, this will do for now.

I got some new chris king pewter hubs wrapped in 819's, Marta SL's, mary bars and a new chain ring. The whole ride feels much more solid. I am very impressed with the marta sl brakes, I am 230lbs and they stop pretty darn well compared to my old hayes hfx-9's! The feel at the lever is incredible! The modulation is light years beyond the hayes. They are noticeably more powerful than my hayes.

The mary bars are absolutely awesome! I was very skeptical when I saw them on the shelf but as soon as I picked them up they just felt right. On the first ride I didn't even notice them, they just disappeared during the ride. I usually reposition my hands during rides quite a bit with regular riser bars and experience some mild soreness in the wrists but with the mary bars, no pain or discomfort. Lifting the front wheel over obstacles is so much easier now its almost effortless. I have not found a single instance so far where I miss regular bars.

overall I gained a more solid feeling ride and probably lost a pound, the most noticeable improvement is the mary bars which totally rock.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quite possibly the slowest single speeder on earth.
    Now skating 'cause its cheaper.

Reviewer/Tester
    The Mary bars are really damn good, aren't they... I love mine..

R.
    It is inevitable ...