mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job! Pedal the PinSShot with me! SW Washington!

Next weekend (July 16) I'm planning on riding the 49 mile mtb route in the Pedal the Pinchot by Mt St Helens, WA.
    Pedal the Pinchot
    I've done this ride a few times but its been a couple of years now so it is time to do it again. The route is interesting and the whole thing is basically a half a Cream Puff. The ride up Ape Canyon is difficult-ish but the views are great. Crossing the Plains of Abraham (moon scape) is always fun and the Smith Creek d/h and creek trail are...uh...fun, yeah, that's it.

Gonna do it SS again and considering doing a second Ape Canyon/Smith Creek Loop. Will someone pay me to do it??? or better, will someone pay me NOT to do it? please???

Anyways, lets get togeether and ride this puppy!

bike ON

bob
    red-haze
    The more I know the more I know I don't know.
    Let the bike ride the trail, you ride the bike.
    Look where you want to go, not where you don't want to go.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by red-haze.com
    Next weekend (July 16) I'm planning on riding the 49 mile mtb route in the Pedal the Pinchot by Mt St Helens, WA.
    Pedal the Pinchot
    I've done this ride a few times but its been a couple of years now so it is time to do it again. The route is interesting and the whole thing is basically a half a Cream Puff. The ride up Ape Canyon is difficult-ish but the views are great. Crossing the Plains of Abraham (moon scape) is always fun and the Smith Creek d/h and creek trail are...uh...fun, yeah, that's it.

Gonna do it SS again and considering doing a second Ape Canyon/Smith Creek Loop. Will someone pay me to do it??? or better, will someone pay me NOT to do it? please???

bike ON

bob

You know, I haven't done smith creek in about 7 years, I hear it's more fun now than it used to be.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

New question here. when and where is the meeting place?

Pedal the Pinchot

bike ON

bob
    I might be interested, when and where would be a good meeting place? I'll also make a shout out to Kyle, Eon and Chris to see if they are interested.
    I could bring the unit, now with a z2 atom 80 on it, or I could bring the new two tone monocog, rigid, DH tires, but still kinda light cause it is the aluminum version and I am running a kinda light kona jump fork. What type of tires you going to be running? I could also change out the tires on the monocog to my unit tires, the xc version of the 2.3 nbx tires, kinda big but pretty light and can still be run at a pretty low pressure, I would also put on a slightly longer stem I have hanging around.
    later
    ADAM

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

YO, Adam

Quote Originally Posted by single1x1
    I might be interested, when and where would be a good meeting place? I'll also make a shout out to Kyle, Eon and Chris to see if they are interested.
    I could bring the unit, now with a z2 atom 80 on it, or I could bring the new two tone monocog, rigid, DH tires, but still kinda light cause it is the aluminum version and I am running a kinda light kona jump fork. What type of tires you going to be running? I could also change out the tires on the monocog to my unit tires, the xc version of the 2.3 nbx tires, kinda big but pretty light and can still be run at a pretty low pressure, I would also put on a slightly longer stem I have hanging around.
    later
    ADAM
    I'd suggest you'all coming down Friday eve and stay at my house. Get up early Sat and meet Eric (strong rider) in Woodland and car pool the rest of the way. I "plan" on having a pretty good pace that I would think you and Chris could handle

The course is not technical and the "big" d/h is a stupid soft pumice filled 5 miles. Tho, as Brandon above notes, it has been reported to have firmed up, ie only 6" of loose pumice vice 12".

I'm planning on taking the rigid Vulture with 2.3" gazzi core front and 2.4" mutano rear. A couple of years ago I used 2.6" gazzi front and 2.3" gazzi rear and it floated on the loose pumice real well. I'm counting on it beeing better packed this year what with all the rain we've been having.

t'would be fun to ride with ya again and I'll bring a bungie cord to tie onto you and chris for the final climb out of smith creek!!!

bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by red-haze.com; 07-11-2005 at 10:02 AM.
    red-haze
    The more I know the more I know I don't know.
    Let the bike ride the trail, you ride the bike.
    Look where you want to go, not where you don't want to go.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! YOu have a personal message Red Haze!

Pedal the Pinchot

bike ON

bob
    I just sent you a personal message asking for some more info
    thanks
    ADAM