Respect the mustache

New question here. Peace 9r -just the frame please

I have a Large 2008 GT Peace 9r love the frame; (got rid of most of the components). Anybody know of a way to get a 2010 as just a frame; (short of buying a complete bike and selling off the parts)? Are bike shops able to just by frame sets from the distributor?

Low Rep Count
    You could always check with Performance but I have my doubts. You might be able to contact GT directly to inquire about this.

Axles of Evil
    Unless things have changed recently, GT doesn't offer the Peace (26 or 29) as a frame or frameset. I tried, no budging on their part.

Respect the mustache
    how about a BLEMish frame, any shop emplyees out there? Got my 1st Zaskar in 1991 cheaper that way.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DOUBLEJ
    how about a BLEMish frame, any shop emplyees out there? Got my 1st Zaskar in 1991 cheaper that way.
    I have a buddy that is buying up closeout models from GT. He was telling me that they had some '09 and '10 Peace models left. You may even be able to talk him in to parting it out for you, too.

PM me, and I will shoot you his contact info.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bchrismer
    I have a buddy that is buying up closeout models from GT. He was telling me that they had some '09 and '10 Peace models left. You may even be able to talk him in to parting it out for you, too.

PM me, and I will shoot you his contact info.
    I talked to Tim this evening, and he said that he would be happy to part out a '10 to ship you a frame.

Low Rep Count
    Anyone happen to know the weight on the Peace 26 and/or 29er frame only? I have a 26 and am curious how much the frame weighs but really don't want to tear it all apart to find out. I am guessing about 5lbs but really don't know.