mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Paul hub / ENO crank owners help!!!!

I'm struggling with this spindle length thing. I have a Paul hub w/ a ACS (switching to ENO later) fw. What size BB does everyone have with their ENO cranks? How close do I really have to get with my chainline? Help me get my newly polished ENO's on.

wot no bike?
    Hey bretbusby:

I'm running a Paul WORD disc hub, ENO freewheel and ENO cranks on one of my bikes, and have found that a 118mm BB makes for a nice line. Specifically I'm using an IRD Quad QB-75 which can be had for around $38.00. So far the BB has been pretty solid and I've heard good things about them. I guess your other option is an adjustable Phil Wood?

I got the IRD from:

http://store.interlocracing.com/qbqubobr.html

They have a minimum order or like $40-45 though so you have to buy a waterbottle/sticker/whatever.

Keep in mind that the ACS f/w may produce a slightly different line until you get that ENO.

You want to get your chainline close enough so that it at least looks straight by eye.
    pete

mtbr member
    On my Cross Check I used a 118mm along with a 2mm bottom bracket spacer for a perfect chainline with my Paul's hub/ENO crank combo.

Michael

mtbr member
    I suggest e-mailing White Industries directly.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    WI didn't really help when I got my cranks as they spec'ed the wrong spindle length 113mm for my frame. I had purchased a PW BB and they swapped the 113mm BB with 119mm (I think...). Made me a PW fan for life.
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...

wot no bike?
    Quote Originally Posted by Molasses
    WI didn't really help when I got my cranks as they spec'ed the wrong spindle length 113mm for my frame. I had purchased a PW BB and they swapped the 113mm BB with 119mm (I think...). Made me a PW fan for life.
    I've heard someone refer to their frame when talking about BB spindle lengths before: Are there such things as frames whose BB tubes *aren't* centered with respect to the chainstays (this being the only case where the frame would have anything to do with your choice of spindle length)?
    pete

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Bump!

wot no bike?
    Bump? You just had two people confirm a spindle length of 118mm, what you don't trust us?
    pete

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I was teying to figure out what "bump" meant...
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    My Paul WORD hub/ACS freewheel combo was fine with the PW 113 BB.

mtbr member
    118 here. ENO cranks, ENO freewheel, Paul hubs and a Spot frame. Not sure I have it perfect though, Moe's 119 might be better.
    "When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Cincinnati because it's always 20 years behind the times." Twain

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I just finished building a Rig frame w/ a Paul WORD hub, ENO crank and freewheel. I ended up w/ a 122.5 mm Shimano BB. This gave me 10 mm of crank clearance @ the chainstays (total L&R) and a suitable chainline.

Members who have read this thread: 0