mtbr member

Paul Disk Unit, Word Disk, Avid BB7 combo

Anybody running a Paul Disk Unit, Paul Word disk rear hub, Avid BB7 combo on their single speed?

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by knuckledragger
    Anybody running a Paul Disk Unit, Paul Word disk rear hub, Avid BB7 combo on their single speed?
    yes
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Any alignment or other issues with thid combo? The reason I asked is that I am exploring the option of slapping a 650b wheelset on my On One Inbred. I can run disks on the front fork but not on the rear (pre-disk Inbred). I'm not sure I want to go with a linear pull rear and disk front. I'd like to know if anybody has experience with the Paul word, disk unit, Avid setup.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by knuckledragger
    Any alignment or other issues with thid combo? The reason I asked is that I am exploring the option of slapping a 650b wheelset on my On One Inbred. I can run disks on the front fork but not on the rear (pre-disk Inbred). I'm not sure I want to go with a linear pull rear and disk front. I'd like to know if anybody has experience with the Paul word, disk unit, Avid setup.
    It all functions well. Removing the wheel completely is a PITA but it is possible to slide the wheel out of the frame without disconnecting anything to fix a flat.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common