mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Paragon sliders or ti bike owners (x-post)

I recently just built up a new titanium 29er as a single with paragon sliders. When the bike is in the stand no rub. Sitting on the bike while riding=rub. Standing forward like while climbing, little to no rub. And I'm not some big power guy. Has anybody using the paragon sliders on any material or anybody riding a ti disc frame had a problem like this? The same brakes were on my kona and didn't have a problem so I'm assuming it's the new frame. I'm contacting the manufacturer soon, but I wanted to get some community feedback first. thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I'll bet you have the rub more when hammering through a corner and especially when cornering seated, right?
    I have paragons on my steel frame and experienced a little bit of disc rub. Turned out that the wheel/axle was not aligned correctly between the chainstays. I spent about 5 minutes with a caliper measuring the distance from the front of the rim to the chainstay and got it dialed in. No more brake rub.

I attribute the squeaking to the misalignment combined with the natural flex of the frame.

Let us know what you figure out.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by qheuie
    I'll bet you have the rub more when hammering through a corner and especially when cornering seated, right?
    I was trying to figure that out today before the ride was cut short by a sheared off alloy chainring bolt, but I can't say that the trail or turns made any real difference. Between yesterday and today it really seemed to be related to my body positioning. It seemed the worst when coasting fast while seated. Seated pedaling seemed slightly better. I dunno. I will post the final conclusion.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    running paragon sliders on my ti SS (26") w/ discs and haven't had any issues. it does take a little time to make sure both sliders are parallel before tightening them down but that is about it.