ا

Paging Jump Stop Users and 1x9ers...

So...
    What do you guys use to keep the chain on the front ring? I have heard the NGear Jump Stop works wonders, and for that price it sounds perfect. I definitely would not want to go MRP or others in DH arena for the price is absurd.
    Can anyone post some pics of their NGear ?
    Any installation techniques I should be aware of?
    Any max tooth? I am running 40x12-32 (or dang close)
    Just throw all the info I might need my way, and I will do my best impersonation of a sponge.
    !THANKS~

gentle like

dmr makes a decent front guide ...

... i think for around $50? although it isn't recommended for really rough trails, says ben an unrealcyles.com (from whom i'm buying my 1x9 playbike with the dmr chain cage) i know other folks for whom it's worked fine under those conditions.

and obviously while i was too cheap to go this route, from other accounts i trust the e13 srs (single ring security) kicks some bottom - but runs around $100. i'm ordering one for a friend in the next little while ...

hope this helps?

ا
    Quote Originally Posted by kept man
    ... i think for around $50? although it isn't recommended for really rough trails, says ben an unrealcyles.com (from whom i'm buying my 1x9 playbike with the dmr chain cage) i know other folks for whom it's worked fine under those conditions.

and obviously while i was too cheap to go this route, from other accounts i trust the e13 srs (single ring security) kicks some bottom - but runs around $100. i'm ordering one for a friend in the next little while ...

hope this helps?
    The DMR chain guide looks strinkingly similar to the NGear JumpStop for 5x the price. Although, that is with my novice vision.

Should I just go buy a front derailleur and use that? If that is the case, which FD is the best? XTR? For the possibility that I may just end up going 3x9. Hmmm...

Much thanks.

WAWE
    Jan 2004
    I have a Jump-Stop and it works great with my 1x9.

What's with the horrific handle? Trying to be Prince? There are other ways to be cool.

ا
    Quote Originally Posted by aosty
    I have a Jump-Stop and it works great with my 1x9.

What's with the horrific handle? Trying to be Prince? There are other ways to be cool.
    Handle? Prince? Or the Artist Formerly Known as?! Cool?!?

Am I the only one that can read it says: JACOB?

suicycleist

jump stop

Got one on my 1X8er, works great, no problems, easy installation.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

jump stop

The jump stop works well, it's only 10 bucks, and the customer service is great.

If you can use an allen wrench, you can install it.

mtbr member
    NGear Jump Stop works great on my 1x8. It was super easy to install and it has given me zero problems. The price is right too.

mtbr member

inside or outside

The Ngear and like seem good for keeping the chain from poping in. Do people generaly experince the chain deailing to the inside or outside? Is this a better route than chainguides on either side or a roller setup?

FUD

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by
    Handle? Prince? Or the Artist Formerly Known as?! Cool?!?

Am I the only one that can read it says: JACOB?
    the Ngear works like a champ on my CC when I run it 1x9. no derailments in many many miles. and FWIW, I could tell your name is ...err..jacob.

Witty McWitterson
    I've got one on my 1x8, and like the others, the Ngear can't be beat. Especailly for the price. I've had no issues with it, and it was super easy to install. There's no need to buy any of the over complicated DH oreinted stuff.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    yep, again with kudos to the n-gear jump stop. ran mine for a long time, then had a granny, and just recently took of the granny again. n-gear inside, blackspire ringgod on the outside. no problems at all!
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper