hispanic mechanic

Paging "The Inbred," got yer ears on?

Quick question for ya. I noticed you're in Austin, right?
    Well, my wife and I are moving back to Texas within the next couple of years, and I was wondering how the riding is in Austin these days. I grew up and started riding mountain bikes in San Antonio, but I've been away for several years now. If I remember right, the race course at Flat Creek would be awesome on ss, as would Warda and Rocky Hill, but I don't know about stuff like Emma Long.
    So what's your favorite places to ride down there? Next time we come for a visit, I'd like to show my wife Austin, since I'd rather live there than S.A. Maybe I could even bring the bike...

the los
    "Shut up body and do what I tell you."
    Jens Voight

http://teamjva.com/jens-voigt-soundboard/

Ron
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sslos
    Quick question for ya. I noticed you're in Austin, right?
    Well, my wife and I are moving back to Texas within the next couple of years, and I was wondering how the riding is in Austin these days. I grew up and started riding mountain bikes in San Antonio, but I've been away for several years now. If I remember right, the race course at Flat Creek would be awesome on ss, as would Warda and Rocky Hill, but I don't know about stuff like Emma Long.
    So what's your favorite places to ride down there? Next time we come for a visit, I'd like to show my wife Austin, since I'd rather live there than S.A. Maybe I could even bring the bike...

the los
    Hey I'm not the Inbred, but I'm another cen-tex local.

The ridin' in the Austin area has been getting better = more trails.

I ride everything on the SS and it's all good. Flat Creek is great on SS but it's only open 1 week out of the year.

Emma Long is technical, some of it's trials like, when I ride there I gear down low.

Warda & Rocky are fast on SS. Walnut Creek is also a fast SS trail.

The Barton Creek Green Belt is real nice.

Some new trails are Muleshoe, Madrone, Reimers & Georgetown.

The local message board is at bikemojo.com.

hispanic mechanic

Thanks for the input!

I kinda figured that most of the stuff would rock os ss, but I was just going off of my memory.
    As far as Flat Creek goes, I was hoping someone was going to say something like, "the horses are only allowed to ride one week a year- it's a bike park now!" But that's just wishfull thinking!

Sounds like the trails will make me push for Austin over S.A., although, as I said< it'll be a while still.

the los
    "Shut up body and do what I tell you."
    Jens Voight

http://teamjva.com/jens-voigt-soundboard/