mtbr member

Paging Fast Freddy? Spicer Question

Fred, I'm in the 200 plus crowd myself. Did I read that you ride a Spicer Ti? What's your take? I'm interested in having them build a 29er.....maybe.

Thanks - Shiftless

The Top Cap Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftless Wonder
    Fred, I'm in the 200 plus crowd myself. Did I read that you ride a Spicer Ti? What's your take? I'm interested in having them build a 29er.....maybe.

Thanks - Shiftless
    Yep I have a Ti Spicer with rigid Ti fork, and I'm a cylesdale for sure too... today I weighed in at 212 - plus all my gear I'm probably in the 220-225 in gear category. I absolutely love the ride... best bike I've ever had so far. Full custom geometry - even had the choice of where and how many my disc hose guides. My only complaint about the bike is rear tire clearance... and now that I have a good tire (Thanks Shiggy) - no issues whats so ever.... I had slight rubbing under HEAVY load (out of saddle climbing in bad MUD) with my WTB Weirwolf 2.1's... But other that that - it's smooth and I love it. A year ago I never would have thought I like riding rigid as much as I do.... but it's a blast - and Gene is super easy to deal with...

Hope this helps - any other questions just let me know...

FF
    "If I'm leading, I'm bleeding."

mtbr member

Thanks for the Flash reply!!

Time to give Gene a buzz. Thanks for the 411.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddy
    Yep I have a Ti Spicer with rigid Ti fork, and I'm a cylesdale for sure too... today I weighed in at 212 - plus all my gear I'm probably in the 220-225 in gear category. I absolutely love the ride... best bike I've ever had so far. Full custom geometry - even had the choice of where and how many my disc hose guides. My only complaint about the bike is rear tire clearance... and now that I have a good tire (Thanks Shiggy) - no issues whats so ever.... I had slight rubbing under HEAVY load (out of saddle climbing in bad MUD) with my WTB Weirwolf 2.1's... But other that that - it's smooth and I love it. A year ago I never would have thought I like riding rigid as much as I do.... but it's a blast - and Gene is super easy to deal with...

Hope this helps - any other questions just let me know...

FF
    "Work Harder...Not Smarter - Single Speed"