Faster Than Your TV!

Idea! OT: DC area SSers and Henry Rollins fans...

Rollins is performing Shock and Awe My Ass this Thursday at Lisner, GWU; part of his Spoken Word "concert" series:

http://www.gwu.edu/~lisner/performances.htm

Weather is nasty, but might be a bit more tame by then. Too bad it's not summer; a fixie ride there would be right in line.

Just an FYI.
    "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailleur? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!'' -- Henri Desgrange, from an article in L'Equipe

Wrench In the Gears

Baked Alaskan

met Rollins last year when he was in Alaska

He's very cool and down to earth. Had just finished Bad Boys 2 before he came up so he had some really cool things to say about that and the fresh prince. I got an interview and a chance to chat with him for about 30 minutes. Much smaller in person than the way he's shot on screen. But very cool though.

Pull my finger...
    Jan 2004

Rollins

On TV he looks like he has a neck the size of a redwood tree.

DobeManSS

So stop asking.
    Jan 2004

very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by iconoclaSSt
    Rollins is performing Shock and Awe My Ass this Thursday at Lisner, GWU; part of his Spoken Word "concert" series:

http://www.gwu.edu/~lisner/performances.htm

Weather is nasty, but might be a bit more tame by then. Too bad it's not summer; a fixie ride there would be right in line.

Just an FYI.
    I was working security at the Cat's Cradle in Chapel Hill, NC when he can through in 99'

He is a short focker but huge on muslces. While the opening band was doing their sound check, Henry and I sat and talked for half an hour...just an average joe when he doesn't have his "game face" on. I worked the barracade directly in front of him...he only wears a pair of shorts when he performs and sweats like a muther! I was covered, yuck, but, cool in a sick sorta way. I still catch his show when he's in town altough, I find myself moving farther back.

Bike content; the cradle is a block away from Performance Bikes.