Origin 8 = 5 bolt cranks?

I know they only go up to 175mm, but that could work for me. 495gms

What do you think? Yes or No for SS?

http://origin-8.com/product_detail.p...+ARMS+%26+SETS

mtbr member
    Yes!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    They are fairly light, pretty cheap... does that mean they aren't strong? ;-)

Full Tilt Boogie
    May 2005
    They are just what they appear to be, and inexpensive, alloy, square taper crank. They are fairly light, reasonable put together, but flexy as all get out. If you are under 175 lbs or spin little gears, you shouldn't have a problem. Don't expect them to perform as well as a nicer $100 plus crank though, they won't. These appear to be similar cranks to several othre house brand cranks such as QBP's Dimension cranks. I've used similar cranks on several bikes and they work rather well, so long as your expectations are in line.
    I sell bikes here. Check out the Blog here. Facebook.

Ovaries on the Outside
    Buy them anyway and then report back.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I weigh 180lbs, don't know if I should bother then...

mtbr member
    First, I will bet very confidently that the all the crank sizes from 140mm to 175mm don't weigh the same like their site says. And for some reason I doubt they are using the weight of the 175mm arm for all of them

benwitt11, I've never had a budget crank that I would say was very flexy, and esp not "flexy as all get out". Nothing personal, it just sounds like you are really exaggerating. I've used mostly different levels of "budget" cranks over the years and have never noticed crank flex on anything from 8 year old square tapers to modern external BBs. Frame flex on the other hand I have definitely noticed

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    First, I will bet very confidently that the all the crank sizes from 140mm to 175mm don't weigh the same like their site says. And for some reason I doubt they are using the weight of the 175mm arm for all of them
    Another very good point I stupidly overlooked. Guess we won't know the real weights unless someone buys a set...

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    Could be if they are just moving the pedal holes. I seems that lots of cranks are made that way.