mtbr member
    Sep 2008

ordering a 29r ss!!!

After searching and searching the forums in here i am going to order a kona unit. I just had a couple of questions before ordering it... later on if i do decide i dont want a rigid bike can i swap out the fork with a shock? is that easy to do with the unit? I also was looking at a haro ally for a hundred bucks less are they easier to work on or what? I have never owned a ss 29r i have just road a friends bianci ss.
    Thanks for your time

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Inexpensive frame and you can run a 80mm suspension fork no problem.

Single again.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    now I'm looking at a redline monocog I read a post in here that put the unit and monocog head to head and I can score the mono for 500 shipped

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Champion5
    now I'm looking at a redline monocog I read a post in here that put the unit and monocog head to head and I can score the mono for 500 shipped
    Than you'd do well to grab it. My LBS just told me that when the '09 Redlines come, in a few months, they'll be "20-25% higher, with some downgraded parts..." (direct quote). Can you spell 'stagflation'?
    The Monocog is a pretty bombproof bike, and you can always upgrade parts as you go.
    Saddle, seatpost, brakes probably the places you'll want to start...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    That's what I'm thinking what would you recomend brand wise fir the replacemnt parts?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggity
    Than you'd do well to grab it. My LBS just told me that when the '09 Redlines come, in a few months, they'll be "20-25% higher, with some downgraded parts..." (direct quote). Can you spell 'stagflation'?
    The Monocog is a pretty bombproof bike, and you can always upgrade parts as you go.
    Saddle, seatpost, brakes probably the places you'll want to start...
    i think the 09s will be available in a few weeks, not months. they are already up on redline's website. they appear to have the same specs as previous years. as for the prices going up about 20% that is true, and it will be industry wide. the increase is to cover rising costs in materials, shipping, energy, etc.

as for the monocog, they are a real solid bike. i have been upgrading mine since i got it. i actually upgraded the frame the other day to something a little lighter. shameless plug: my 07 mono frame, headset and fork are for sale. i still have the orignal wheels, and they are bomb proof.

Members who have read this thread: 0