Why did it happen to me
    Feb 2004

Orange P7 Chain tension adjustment.

Hi folks, I have just stripped my Titus Riddler parted it out, sold it and turned my Orange P7 into my singlespeed and I'm having a hell of a time getting any tension on the chain. The Titus had horizontal dropouts that was great with the Hope Pro 2 wheels. Just pull, tighten and go.
    The P7 however is not. The dropouts and disc adapter slide in the frame and are tightened by 4x4mm bolts. I have tried pulling the wheel backwards in the groove to increase the tension but cannot seem to get any tension on the chain. It has about 1/2-3/4" of vertical slack in it. Anyone run into this? It looks like something like the Surly tugnut would be in order but I don't know how I would attach it.

Thanks. sanspeur
    If this is your first night at fight club, you have to fight.

Fall guy
    The dropouts are designed for single speed? You pulled them out as far as they go and its still not tight enough?

How much inward play do you have? Can you remove a link from the chain?

mtbr member
    pics please
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuzzbl
    aluminium has a tendency to fail when you need it most. i.e. you end up with a bad day.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Are you maxing out the travel? If so, you need to shorten your chain, and possibly use a half link.

Why did it happen to me
    Feb 2004

Chain is fine..

I just cant seem to get the wheel pulled back. I still have about 3/8" of travel left in the dropout. I just cant seem to get the wheel pulled back in the dropout. It's late here in the Uk I'll post pics tomorrow. Thanks sanspeur

Why did it happen to me
    Feb 2004

Got it fixed....

.... the disc brake hose didn't have any slack in it. I pulled some slack and got the tension into the chain. Thanks for your help and suggestions. Sanspeur.

PS Here is a pic of the pink bike now it's finished. Just have to ride it now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

nothing to see here
    bet you're relieved it was a simple fix.

Cool bike, what ratio r u runnin'?

Why did it happen to me
    Feb 2004

Thanks...

I took the pic of the wrong side. I'm running a 32/16. I use this on my local loop with quite a few 1/4-1/3 mile steep climbs. I max out on my spinning in the first 100 yeards than grind my way up the rest of the climbs. Everything else local needs gears for me to get my fat @$$ up it. I find that on pavement I spinout pretty quickly but when I get out on the trails it is perfect for 90% of what I do. The drive train and wheels just came off of my Titus Riddler singlespeed that I parted out and sol. It was around the 18-19# mark and rode very nicely. She had Nuke Proof Carbon Forks, SDG I Beam saddle/post. Nive and light but I'm a big guy (200#) and was worried about snapping the fork so I stripped it down and sold it off. The P7 was my geared bike so she got converted to the singlespeed. I figured witht he Revelations on the front and the relaxed geometry that she would just plow through most anything. The pink was a limited run of only 4. I saw one other on eBay but that has been it. I get alot of comments when I ride it, mostly from teenagers who either love it or think it is g@y. I love it, I'll let you know how it rides.

Thanks sanspeur.