Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

OK, now I get it.

553 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Burdman 
#1 ·
I built up a SS recently and have only been using it for tooling around town and snow riding. Nothing fancy. An old steel frame, Gusset single speed conversion kit, and a chain tensioner. Sunday I got out onto some singletrack with it for the first time. Damn that was fun! I normally ride a full suspenion Kona, and slicing those trails with a hardtail SS was a blast. The climbs became a whole new thing, picking the best line was re-born, and the ability to get that quick blast of speed by standing and pedaling a few rotations made me smile. Now, I'll never ditch the FS with gears and strictly go SS but I can certainly see the attraction.

#4 ·
Welcome to the SS experience, we're happy you enjoyed the ride. :cool:

dahoos said:
I built up a SS recently and have only been using it for tooling around town and snow riding. Nothing fancy. An old steel frame, Gusset single speed conversion kit, and a chain tensioner. Sunday I got out onto some singletrack with it for the first time. Damn that was fun! I normally ride a full suspenion Kona, and slicing those trails with a hardtail SS was a blast. The climbs became a whole new thing, picking the best line was re-born, and the ability to get that quick blast of speed by standing and pedaling a few rotations made me smile. Now, I'll never ditch the FS with gears and strictly go SS but I can certainly see the attraction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.