Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oh baby.....

Bro
    Where I do my thinking

Oh baby.....

I'd like to nominate my bike for the title of "Sexiest bike ever."

So, you probably saw my thread about the half links. I ordered that. I just picked up a 19t Surly cog from the LBS today in the hope of finding the magical/hocus-pocus gear ratio. Previous gearing was at 33/18, now it's 33/19, and yes, it is a magical ratio on vertical dropouts with a half link.

Yup. Those are v-brakes. And 26" wheels. And riser bars. With bar ends. I suppose that's why it's the sexiest bike ever.

*Disclaimer: The quality (or lack thereof) of the photos is due to the lighting in here. Yellow CFLs with off-white/yellowish walls.*
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Oh baby.....-dscf0012.jpg  

Oh baby.....-dscf0032.jpg  

Oh baby.....-dscf0037.jpg  

Oh baby.....-dscf0040.jpg  

I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

Ovaries on the Outside
    I'm going to try and look at this thread again when I am more sure that beer and hours of Halo are not having a negative effect. Affect? ****.

meatier showers
    Sexy doesn't even begin to describe that bike.

--sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Apr 2007
    Thought of the day: Beauty is in the eye of the behol.....ah, **** that thing is fugly.

Quote Originally Posted by umarth View Post
    I'm going to try and look at this thread again when I am more sure that beer and hours of Halo are not having a negative effect. Affect? ****.
    Eh, on the contrary, halo beer would cast a positive light on that bike. Or at least, it should.

erik1245 - I wanted to give you a pos rep, but I'm repped out for 24.

mtbr member
    are the reversed bar ends intentional?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Should have stopped with the first pic!

mtbr member
    Is your a chain line straight? It looks slightly off in the picture. I like the V-brakes. Lighter, less expensive, easier to service, and better leverage (It's like having disc brakes with 25" rotors!) If your trails don't demand disc brakes, good show. I'd lose the superfluous big chainring, either drop it or replace it with a bash guard: It will chew up ride-overs, creating more work for trail stewards. If you want to keep the pragmatic aesthetic, grind the teeth down to stumps.

AZ
    banned
    Uhmm, uhmm, never mind.

Ovaries on the Outside
    It is the next morning, but the pictures have a weird color. I am not condoning this thread until I get sweet pictures. Shoot them outside already!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I'd like to nominate your carpet for the title of "Sexiest carpet with sexiest bike ever".

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    It is the next morning, but the pictures have a weird color. I am not condoning this thread until I get sweet pictures. Shoot them outside already!
    I guess so. It's sunny today. Surprise! It was dark when I finally got around to installing the cog. Did you not see my disclaimer about the funkiness of the colors?

Oh yea, and as for everything else: (It turns out you can't view other messages while editing, apparently.) The bar ends are set up as I like them. I stole them off a donor bike (early '90s Stumpy) that my dad's boss gave us for free and they're POS, but they work and I'm not complaining. I've got big hands so they fit the best they are, but as I said, I got 'em for free so I'm not complaining.
    The big ring? Well, the three rings are riveted together, and there's no such thing as technical riding around here, just climbing, so no issues with tearing up obstacles. I've thought about grinding the teeth down, just never got around to it. I should've made that a first priority when I tore up my knuckles on the ring while removing pedals (I still have the scars from the punctures), but it never happened. Eventually....
    Chainline? It's perfect in real life. It's just the angle of the camera that's ****ed up. I'll get better photos later.

There are some hella nice bikes that I've lusted over. But in the end, this bike is what I've drained my savings account for, and, well, it's the only "mountain bike" I've ridden or had.

If you're holding out for photos of the bike on the trail, you'll have to wait yet. I had knee surgery in December and I just got back to jogging at physical therapy last week. Hopefully the doctor will clear me for mtb'ing again soon, as my knee feels great. Until I get the official word, though, I don't want to **** up these past two and a half months I've been suffering on the road bike without the mountain bike.

Edit again: The clouds are moving in. With the sun. Brightest damn conditions for photos ever. I'll try, though.
    Last edited by Bro; 05-28-2011 at 03:02 PM.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

Retro Grouch
    Those pictures are how I remember the late 60's and early 70's.
    Just one more rep and I get the toaster!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    There are some hella nice bikes that I've lusted over. But in the end, this bike is what I've drained my savings account for, and, well, it's the only "mountain bike" I've ridden or had.
    Bravo. I'll take one of those over a dozen bling-tastic bikes ridden by guys who are perpetually unhappy with the fact that they still need "one more thing" to make the bike perfect.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by raganwald View Post
    bravo. I'll take one of those over a dozen bling-tastic bikes ridden by guys who are perpetually unhappy with the fact that they still need "one more thing" to make the bike perfect.
    yes

mtbr member
    is that bike a little small perhaps?
    Ride & Smile

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Matt View Post
    is that bike a little small perhaps?
    Had it for all four years of high school (just graduated). So it may be a little on the small side....

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    If you put drop bars in the reverse (upward or d.u.i) position you would get my vote.

Come see me after class
    Dec 2005
    can we take away someone's rep power?

one chain loop
    holy moly.
    everything sucks but my vacuum cleaner.

Full Tilt Boogie
    May 2005
    Quest for you.

Ride it like you stole it, then try to convince a cop you didn't.
    I sell bikes here. Check out the Blog here. Facebook.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I like the misaligned wheel and resulting crooked chain. Sweetness!

backwoods and backwards
    If you can't be with the one you love love the one you're with!
    MERCY! MERCY! MERCY!

nice marmot.
    a face only a mother could love?
    Q. how many kids with A.D.D. does it take to change a light bulb?
    A. i don't know, ya wanna go ride bikes?

mtbr member
    Funnier this way:

Q. How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to change a light bul...
    A. LET'S RIDE BIKES!

Not dead yet, just playin
    Wrong

Size

op
    www.msmtb.org - Mississippi Mountain Biking

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast