the cool nerd

NORBA Nat'l race at Snowshoe?

Does anyone have any info about the nat;l series race at snowhoe in June? I'm going to be in NC the previous week, and I'd like to ride my new SS, and then race at Snowshoe.. Need to know if they'll have a SS category (okay, that's not really important), more importantly, are the courses rippable by SS..either the regular course or the marathon course (if they have one)

scott

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsman
    Does anyone have any info about the nat;l series race at snowhoe in June? I'm going to be in NC the previous week, and I'd like to ride my new SS, and then race at Snowshoe.. Need to know if they'll have a SS category (okay, that's not really important), more importantly, are the courses rippable by SS..either the regular course or the marathon course (if they have one)

scott
    No first-hand knowledge of the course or if there is a SS class, but it's reportedly gnarly/rooty/muddy stuff up there. I'm not sure if anyone (gearie or SS) really "rips" Snowshoe singletrack... you just sort of survive it.

last year's race

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenlegs
    No first-hand knowledge of the course or if there is a SS class, but it's reportedly gnarly/rooty/muddy stuff up there. I'm not sure if anyone (gearie or SS) really "rips" Snowshoe singletrack... you just sort of survive it.

last year's race

very well said. You can ride a lap on a SS and survive but it would take a superman to handle 3 laps on the 1 gear at Snowshoe. The climbs aren't ridiculous but I just don't think the course is really well suited for a SS since it's more of a technical grind than a flowing track.
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!