Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ovaries on the Outside

No Shave November

Since I feel fairly confident that most of you **** sacks are louses like me that enjoy excuses to do something stupid, I thought I might sling in a query about Man's most prized accomplishment after bagging some tail, which is growing out his soup catcher.

And I would assume, hopefully safely, that most SSers are more behind this idea than the average mountain biker.

In my friend group we've adapted and changed to perfect our scruffily camouflaged excuse to take photos of ourselves and post pictures to websites. In the past, we've made strong commitments to Beard-dom; No Shave November, Decembeard, Januhairy and the dreaded Mustache March. This year, we're toning it down a bit with a No Shave November and Decembeard commitment only, and a Professional Rules clause, that allows trimming of the edges to stay work appropriate, with an extension towards police and military- mustache only.

No Shave is drawing near, but I am thinking I ought to give a little head's up, so everyone can spend some quiet time with themselves, search their souls and make the commitment everyone always wanted them to make. An early warning gives them a chance to break their spouses/significant others in over the course of several arguments, rather than one or two.

If you want to play, these are the simple parameters: Shave on Oct 31st or November 1st and post a picture here, then, continually updated through the duration of the challenge. Extra points for frosty beards from Fall/Winter riding.

Start making that decision, and then let the photos roll at the start of the month. Hit me with any questions and/or concerns.

(was) Big in Japan
    I'm in.
    Ride.

openwound
    Mouvember!

I'd be all over this if I actually had facial hair.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I always participate in No Shave November, but you're giving me the opportunity to post pictures of it?! Of course I am in!
    Quote Originally Posted by forkboy
    And don't be scared to walk. Walking is one of the mystical 3 gears of Single Speed.

Sit
    Stand
    Walk.

mtbr member
    I might have to do this because i missed Octobeard.

WNC Native
    Oopps I started a month early!
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

is buachail foighneach me
    I can't play, my beard comes off in the winter.

edit: except for when that photo was taken. <--

meatier showers
    I'm not playin' but my GF might.

--sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

human dehumidifier
    This has been no shave 2010 for me - so I can't play by your rules, no way am I shaving on Oct 31.
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob
    This has been no shave 2010 for me - so I can't play by your rules, no way am I shaving on Oct 31.
    Judging from your avatar you look much better with a beard anyway.

--sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

human dehumidifier
    thanks for the compliment
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone

mtbr member
    Can I still play without shaving at the start? I haven't been clean shaven in years, and I'm not about to start now! Maybe a nice short trim at the start?

Man up
    Sep 2010
    Aww...us girly men want to play too. I come from a family that has to start their bow-hunting beard in April...and even then it has holes.
    Jesse
    '08 GF Montare
    '10 Rockhopper SS
    Semper Fidelis
    02-10 SSGT of Marines
    (Most) always down for a ride in the Gville area

Single Speed Junkie

Requesting clarification.

So let me get this straight one would need to shave on Oct31. Does this mean clean shaven or just trimmed real short? I might feel a bit to naked without my beard at this point.

If a stubble start is inside the guidelines then your on.

Mtbr Forum Sponsor - Homebrewed Components
    Jul 2006
    can i at least manscape?

Ovaries on the Outside
    Quote Originally Posted by ISuckAtRiding
    can i at least manscape?
    No. We've been over this- it is getting colder out and one simply cannot manscape after Labor Day.

Umm... so I didn't expect quite the response, so this is what I got....

If you have a beard, maybe trim it before the start of the month and take a photo, so there is a starting point.

And don't worry about lame beards. Mine tends to come in a little patchy, thanks to my dad. He can't even grow a proper mustache.

I'm open to the idea that girls can play- does that mean no shave for legs? Armpits? Eyebrows?

In the past we always tried to post up strange photos, so here are a couple snap shots from the last No Shave run....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails No Shave November-dsc_0035.jpg  

No Shave November-photo-54.jpg  

No Shave November-photo-57.jpg  

JBH
    mtbr member

Movember

http://us.movember.com/

If you're into raising money for charity, check out the Movember website above. It's legit and part of the proceeds go to "Livestrong" and the rest to prostate cancer research.

It usually gives me a an excuse to rock the MO and feel good about it.

Drinking the Slick_Juice
    how about you fall for Dont shave December , Just grow January , Feel hairy February, Must Grow March, Ape face April, and No Mow May
    "If women don't find handsome , they should at least find you handy."-Red Green

JBH
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nuck_chorris
    how about you fall for Dont shave December , Just grow January , Feel hairy February, Must Grow March, Ape face April, and No Mow May
    How witty of you. I'm just putting it out there for anyone that might want to do it. Movember has been around for a while. You might want to check it out next time before you make yourself look stupid again.

Sorry to the OP for a slight re-direct of your thread.

mtbr member
    I am in for Movember, but I am cheating, well, I am hitting the ground running.

I am not shaving during October, but then on the 31st I will remove all but the mustache. Otherwise I would have a mustache that resembles a chocolate milk mustache for the entire month.

Ovaries on the Outside
    Quote Originally Posted by JBH
    How witty of you. I'm just putting it out there for anyone that might want to do it. Movember has been around for a while. You might want to check it out next time before you make yourself look stupid again.

Sorry to the OP for a slight re-direct of your thread.
    I don't mind the link, but I have other threads for insults. Well, insults are fine here, just prefer them to go down in the way where everyone knows it is funny.

JBH
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    I don't mind the link, but I have other threads for insults. Well, insults are fine here, just prefer them to go down in the way where everyone knows it is funny.

Point taken.

Did I catch a niner?
    This might just work. I have to grow a mustache for my Halloween costume this year so I just let a beard grow.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?
    https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/...A0CC/s/tx/cx/1

Ovaries on the Outside
    Git a-shavin' my friends. No Shave is about underway. Start posting some photos too!

(was) Big in Japan

excellent....

now I have an excuse for my laziness...
    Ride.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast