mtbr member

niner vs. china carbon forks

I've been riding the niner carbon fork for a few years - great product.

How do the made in china carbon forks feel / ride???
    I've got another bike I'd like to install a niner fork but the made in china forks are cheaper and readily available.

I've only purchase niner forks because I trust they are tested, have quality control, and niner wants to continue thier reputation. Medical bills for a failure on a made in china fork would be many times the cost of a niner fork, that is why I've stuck with niner.

thanks.....................

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    I've only purchase niner forks because I trust they are tested, have quality control, and niner wants to continue thier reputation. Medical bills for a failure on a made in china fork would be many times the cost of a niner fork, that is why I've stuck with niner.
    I think you've answered your own question

Anecdotal evidence found in a forum can supplement manufacturer testing/quality control processes, but not replace them.
    Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

Stateline Falls, Watauga
    Another option for you... still made in China but US-branded. Great price compared to the Niner, and I've seen some people comment they prefer its ride feel over the Niner (but I have no experience with the Niner fork, so I can't comment on that). I would buy this fork again...

http://forums.mtbr.com/29er-bikes/ha...rk-734018.html
    It never gets easier, you just go faster. -Greg LeMond
    I'm not as fast as I think I am. -JeffL

mtbr member
    That Carver fork looks nice - wish they made it w/ straight steerer. When I read China I immediately think of the real cheap stuff flooding ebay. I suspect companies like Carver do a fair amount of testing and keep a close eye on manufacturing processes, much like niner (and for the same reasons). Not sure their warranty is as good as niner's, but I would bet it exists and that makes me more comfortable.

If you are talking an established brand that happens to build in China I dont think there's as much cause for concern. Its the no-name stuff on ebay with a 30 day warranty that worries me.

Dirty South Underdog
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post

...I've only purchase niner forks because I trust they are tested, have quality control, and niner wants to continue thier reputation. Medical bills for a failure on a made in china fork would be many times the cost of a niner fork, that is why I've stuck with niner...
    This.

Also, China Carbon doesn't support the IMBA or have a grassroots program that sponsors/helps teams & riders in the US.
    Brickhouse Blog (most known unknown)

Just Riding Along- best internet radio show on Mountain Bike Radio

Poacher
    Sep 2010
    Where are NINER Carbon forks manufactured?

mtbr member
    I know their frames are built in Taiwan, assume the forks are made there as well.