Bikes not Bombs.....

Next project - SS CX bike question #1

If I had an EBB installed and used it as a road bike for training and putting in miles, would the nature of the EBB put the cranks in an unfriendly position for spinning the cranks?

Has anybody found that the EBB is counter productive on a roadie SS? or a CX SS?

Thanks

JS
    [SIZE=2]Thanks to all of you for your friendships on this board..... [/SIZE] -

voodoo child

EBB on the road

My 700C bike with EBB gets converted from road fixie to SS CX all the time. The gear change results in BB spindle moving about 1/2" in some direction. When I know that I'll be putting in serious road miles (50+) I will take the time to adjust the seat-height and fore/aft accordingly. Sometimes I move it back when I hit the trails, sometimes I don't. Doesn't bother me a bit. It should be noted that I'm not the most sensitive individual out there. {Remember the "Princess and the Pea" story? You could put a 2-ton boulder under my mattress and I'd think, "Hmm, what should I have for breakfast?"}

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Jerry
    If I had an EBB installed and used it as a road bike for training and putting in miles, would the nature of the EBB put the cranks in an unfriendly position for spinning the cranks?

Has anybody found that the EBB is counter productive on a roadie SS? or a CX SS?

Thanks

JS
    Why not just get an ENO hub instead of paying more to get a EBB? ENO keeps perfect tension when you need it, and the hubs can be flipped for when you need to be either fixie or freewheeled.
    Last edited by ernesto_from_Wisconsin; 02-06-2007 at 06:19 PM.

giddy up!

I doubt ss jerry....

wants to have a frame built around a specific hub, I know I would not want to.

mtbr member

sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by donkey
    wants to have a frame built around a specific hub, I know I would not want to.
    Sorry! I didn't know he was getting a frame made from scratch. I thought he was going to butcher a frame.
    Last edited by ernesto_from_Wisconsin; 02-06-2007 at 06:19 PM.