College
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdicky
    I just got it today. Hopefully it will come in handy at the Trans Rockies in a few weeks. You could actually see it deflect with a good hard application of the brake. I am going out on the trail tomorrow to see if I can tell the difference between it and the old KM fork.
    Sorry about the crappy indoor pic.
    did you ride suspension before or just the km ?

Category Winner

New Walt Works fork

I just got it today. Hopefully it will come in handy at the Trans Rockies in a few weeks. You could actually see it deflect with a good hard application of the brake. I am going out on the trail tomorrow to see if I can tell the difference between it and the old KM fork.
    Sorry about the crappy indoor pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

Category Winner

I ran suspension

Quote Originally Posted by b12yan88
    did you ride suspension before or just the km ?
    My first two SS's had a Manitou Minute 1. The Dean Colonel, my current ride, started life with the Minute. It stayed on there from August last year, for the La Ruta in November, and came off in early January. I put the KM fork on as an experiment. I ended up liking it. I tried to put the Minute back on before a 24 hour race back in May and one ride later I sold it. Suspension doesn't really do it for me anymore. One 24 hour, one 12 hour, and the Pisgah Death March behind me and no regrets. I put the money from the Minute into this. Hopefully slightly more forgiving, but just as dead accurate. Half a pound less doesn't hurt either.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

College
    Jun 2004
    My first two SS's had a Manitou Minute 1. The Dean Colonel, my current ride, started life with the Minute. It stayed on there from August last year, for the La Ruta in November, and came off in early January. I put the KM fork on as an experiment. I ended up liking it. I tried to put the Minute back on before a 24 hour race back in May and one ride later I sold it. Suspension doesn't really do it for me anymore. One 24 hour, one 12 hour, and the Pisgah Death March behind me and no regrets. I put the money from the Minute into this. Hopefully slightly more forgiving, but just as dead accurate. Half a pound less doesn't hurt either.
    wow, that much huh. I have a fork that has a full on lockout mode. After i started standing up to grind up on my converted ss, i started using my lockout much more. It feels much better climbing up the hills when it's lockeed out, i dont know ifi it's faster, but sure feels that way. If and when i can get a custom, i'd try a rigid one to go with it, just to see how i like it.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    wow, that much huh. I have a fork that has a full on lockout mode. After i started standing up to grind up on my converted ss, i started using my lockout much more. It feels much better climbing up the hills when it's lockeed out, i dont know ifi it's faster, but sure feels that way. If and when i can get a custom, i'd try a rigid one to go with it, just to see how i like it.
    Or just get a Kona P2 fork. Rides well, light and not much money.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Category Winner

Sorry Shiggy

Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Or just get a Kona P2 fork. Rides well, light and not much money.
    The P2 wasn't tall enough for me. I can't say if it would ride as nice as the WW, but the price is definitely better. The finished product that Walt puts out certainly is beautiful. I will find out later today if it is worth it.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

Category Winner

Why I like it

The Minute actually did a great job against bob an the climbs. It is in steering accuracy and predictability that the rigid fork shines. I love that there is no geometry change associated with brake dive on really technical descents. Very predictable and stable in corners. Besides, I really enjoy that it's just me, the bike, and the trail out there. I feel more like I am riding the bike, not just providing a motor.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

Category Winner

That was nice

First ride/big difference. Just enough to take the edge off. A MUCH bigger improvement over my carbon bar upgrade. It was worth every penny.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

College
    Jun 2004
    First ride/big difference. Just enough to take the edge off. A MUCH bigger improvement over my carbon bar upgrade. It was worth every penny.
    Great to here you are enjoying your new toy, and good luck finding a partner.

Misfit Psycles
    Do you have a link for Walt Works?
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Category Winner

yup

Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    Do you have a link for Walt Works?
    waltworks.com

Ship your kids down to my wife. She loves children.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

Misfit Psycles
    If only it was that easy...
    If you don't already have kids, do yourself a favour when you do have them. Socialize your kids, do not allow them to attatch themselves exclusively to mom and dad. Thats what you get for 12 (paid) months of maternity leave here! Makes finding overnight sitters a biatch!
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Category Winner

Got one

Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    If only it was that easy...
    If you don't already have kids, do yourself a favour when you do have them. Socialize your kids, do not allow them to attatch themselves exclusively to mom and dad. Thats what you get for 12 (paid) months of maternity leave here! Makes finding overnight sitters a biatch!
    I have been there. He was three before he really went off to one day of day care a week, and he hated it.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

Misfit Psycles
    until this week i was pretty indifferent to going without the transrockies (i made it all these years prior). but that fleeting shot at going this year has left a pit...i am so going next year...
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

mtbr member
    Very nice looking fork! I love the segmented look. If you don't mind me asking, how much was the fork, and how much does it weigh? I am working on building up a lightweight race SS and am working on my fork selection. The cheapest Ti fork is I think the Spicer which is $299, but looks SO nice and is super light. Or just get a Kona and save a bunch of cash. I was thinking the WW might be somewhere in the middle, not too expensive and not too heavy.

Thanks,
    Mark

Category Winner

Ww

The fork was $200+shipping. It weighed @960+ on a postal scale. The welds are nice looking. I always had had some issues with the look of the Spicer. I know looks aren't everything, but they are something.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM