mtbr member

new uses for spent juices

Here's the brown.
    I was watching Telemundo and saw lots of clevage.

Anyway, this monkey is a badass. A commuter that will also see the the light of dirt. Just a crank swap and a short chain, and whalah! I do need to take some action against the tires. I need big slicks, but that will wait.

This bike has parts from as far as 1993: Cranks, front brakes, levers...from my old Trek 930. To me, this is SS a la 29er. Do with a new frame, then really do with what you have in the parts bin. I only spent $$$ on the frame. Everything else I already had in wait, collecting dust.

It will be ENOfied (noneccentric) eventually, but for now, it's a beater. My black monkey is sleeping in the garage, all nice and clean, awaiting spring. Oh, 42/16

GA! Can't wait for spring, and summer! and FALL! Why? Not only will I not wear winter biking clothes, Annabel will be walking, we'll go to biking and family events, and Revenge of the Sith is coming out. WAHOOO!!!!

Bite me.
    Last edited by ernesto_from_Wisconsin; 02-06-2007 at 07:09 PM.

Whatever! Just crash it!
    Beautiful bike, Ernesto. It is nice to have a dedicated beater... especially one as nice as that one.

Peter
    If a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. If a woman talks dirty to a man, it's $3.95 per minute.

Bike Wrench Blog ** Unfortunate Series of Events

mtbr member

To me

Quote Originally Posted by Objectionable Material
    Beautiful bike, Ernesto. It is nice to have a dedicated beater... especially one as nice as that one.

Peter
    To me, it's a bike, a mountain bike, the preferred choice for riding in inclement weather.
    It will be taken care of, don't worry. I usually take good care of the things I work for to buy.

This is deemed as the "other bike"

Whatever! Just crash it!
    Quote Originally Posted by ernesto_from_Wisconsin
    To me, it's a bike, a mountain bike, the preferred choice for riding in inclement weather.
    It will be taken care of, don't worry. I usually take good care of the things I work for to buy.

This is deemed as the "other bike"
    I know what you mean. To me, every bike except for the one I ride on the trials for mountain rides is a beater.... even my campy equipped road bike. Oddly enough, my SS that I ride all the time is probably the bike most accurately described as a beater.

Peter
    If a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. If a woman talks dirty to a man, it's $3.95 per minute.

Bike Wrench Blog ** Unfortunate Series of Events

34N 118W

nice skid mark

isn't that the name of the color?

Nice front cable hanger too. Did you fab that yourself?

just needs some rear foot pegs for Annabel.

Ole!
    HW

mtbr member

let's GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    isn't that the name of the color?

Nice front cable hanger too. Did you fab that yourself?

just needs some rear foot pegs for Annabel.

Ole!
    HW
    "Hey pops! Take me to the movies!"
    me: sure thing kid! hop on the pegs...WEEEE!!!!

That would be so badass!

I fab'ed the cable hanger from a piece of Dove soap, then I put a metal glaze over it and had the guys from Spectrum Powderworks just look at it via online internet megaphone.

mtbr member

Dove?

Quote Originally Posted by ernesto_from_Wisconsin
    "Hey pops! Take me to the movies!"
    me: sure thing kid! hop on the pegs...WEEEE!!!!

That would be so badass!

I fab'ed the cable hanger from a piece of Dove soap, then I put a metal glaze over it and had the guys from Spectrum Powderworks just look at it via online internet megaphone.
    Is dove strong enough? I know you tried that to cure your camp ass, but it did not work. I would think to hold up under the pressure at least ivory would need to be used.

mtbr member

Ivory

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Corn
    Is dove strong enough? I know you tried that to cure your camp ass, but it did not work. I would think to hold up under the pressure at least ivory would need to be used.
    I don't like Ivory. Dries up my sack. I don't like Zest. Gives me a rash.

Members who have read this thread: 0