mtbr member
    Feb 2011

New trick for a dog (Spot )

Have ridden the spot above 450 miles in the dirt. Love the belt drive ss system. The only problem I have found, is the low BB height. Have lots of peddle strike and makes it very hard to pull front end up. Problems solved with a 490mm White Brothers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New trick for a dog (Spot )-p3120028.jpg  

New trick for a dog (Spot )-p3140036.jpg  

mtbr member

Photo Op

Shawnee, I hate to ask...I know how much people loathe to post pics of their bikes But could you stick up one or two more of the fork on the bike maybe a bit from front?? I ask because I'm running a Ritchey Carbon Pro which is like 470mm A/C and since hearing of the 490 have been curious about them. I was just wanting to see what difference the extra inch or so looks like in clearance and ride height. Yes, I could stick my front tire on a book, but just not the same and I would rather impose on you and your camera to see these minor distances between widgets and tires and bugs and mud.

Also is the tube diameter the same as the other WB carbon forks? My son-in-law has 2 of them and they are a great fork but was wondering if for the length change the tube diameter was increased?? If it makes my bike seem as fast as the speedy bike shaped blur in your pic I might have to shell out and have a month of cat food and ramen.

Thanks I'll owe you a Happy Meal and I won't even fight you for the toy. (unless it's a bike part...)
    Last edited by God's Favorite Bike; 03-19-2013 at 06:08 AM.
    Where there is choice, there is misery...

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Hope the photos help. The tire is a 2.2 Bontrager. The carbon legs are 34mm, not sure about other, but would guess to be the same size.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New trick for a dog (Spot )-p3190045.jpg  

New trick for a dog (Spot )-p3190046.jpg  

New trick for a dog (Spot )-p3190047.jpg  

New trick for a dog (Spot )-p3190048.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Added a new shoe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New trick for a dog (Spot )-006.jpg  

New trick for a dog (Spot )-jl.jpg