mtbr member

New SS frame in classifieds...

http://marketplace.consumerreview.co...uery=retrieval

My ribs are starting to show, so it may be time to try to sell some of my work, or at least barter for some groceries. If anyone's interested, feel free to contact me. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Contrarian
    Nice. What kind of EBB is that? Phil?

rejected

Hope

Why a 1 1/4 headtube??
    I know that you have a CK devolution HS for it, but why build it with a 1 1/4 headtube?

blame me for missed rides
    probably for compatibility with actiontec forks?

Lucky One
    Jan 2004

Send me your list and I'll deliver.

Sweet Frame. I don't have that kind of money but I can provide a month's worth of "bread".

Lazy People Suck
    Quote Originally Posted by weather
    probably for compatibility with actiontec forks?
    I am curious about Action-Tec forks since I am a big Headshock guy. Have they done anything to their forks over the last few years?: I am especially interested if there is a lockout available on them. Has anyone here used them?
    "Son, The world needs ditchdiggers, too"-Ted Knight, Caddyshack

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fett
    I am curious about Action-Tec forks since I am a big Headshock guy. Have they done anything to their forks over the last few years?: I am especially interested if there is a lockout available on them. Has anyone here used them?
    No to the lockout (its only 2.375" of travel, as if you need a lockout), and no to doing anything to them. I only wonder if they've added disc mounts yet.

Their new website url is www.actiontec.us

Lazy People Suck
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight
    No to the lockout (its only 2.375" of travel, as if you need a lockout), and no to doing anything to them. I only wonder if they've added disc mounts yet.

Their new website url is www.actiontec.us
    Thanks for the web address. I went there and there is a grey box under the photos in the fork section about options and they specifically mention discs as an option.
    "Son, The world needs ditchdiggers, too"-Ted Knight, Caddyshack

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fett
    I'm running a D.F.L (Stickel) SS/Rohloff frame with a disc specific ActionTec fork. Here it is with the Rohloff hub on it:

The frame is great, probably the nicest riding frame I have. I like Steve's work, he's good with the details. I think $790 is a great price, especially with a CK headset - and no, I'm not getting a comission...

The ActionTec fork comes Vee or Disc, with the option of OX-II or OX-III legs. The damper cartridge has not changed since it was introduced (similar to the Headshock cartridge), and works adequately with the 2.375" travel. Russ at ActionTec is a weight weenie, and the fork is very light - and works great on an SS bike. If you like to run large volume tires, be sure to ask for more tire clearance on the legs. I chose ActionTec because a) steel fork, b) Headshocks were hard to fine up here. If I was to do it again, I think I would try to get a Headshock, mostly because of the larger tire clearance and more travel.

Cheers,

Tom

rejected

... and if we just ...

Nice bike.... like the green color motif... very shiqqy-esque... LOL!

mtbr member
    I believe that ActionTec is just ageing their forks at this point, like a fine wine. Yup, that head tube was intended to handle the ActionTec fork. One nice benefit of the Devolution (aside from the obvious reference to the pride of Akron) is that you get larger bearings and (probably) more durable cups. King bearings or cups are not fragile to begin with, and these should be even better than the 1 1/8". Listen to me spin it, eh?

I remember seeing an ActionTec fork on a guy's Fishlips Orca (exotic easton tubes) way back in '94. Also had a campy front rim (with carmel tioga Psycho) and Tioga disc rear wheel. Weighed in the low 20s. Oooooooooo!

I'll also throw in a sterling silver head badge with the frame. I'm working with a foundry now and should have them very soon.

Kam
    A hopped on pop.

nice frame...

Steve,

ya do 29er stuff too, correct? i am putting my peyto ridiculight zona ebb frame in the classifieds today as well, i plan on giong 29er. i'll start to build the front wheel perhaps this week. i've been thinking karate monkey, but i'd like to go custom by either you or paul at peyto (i'm just not sure if he does 29er) if i can get by without a ss so i can save up some cash.

cheers and beautiful work on that frame.

minister of chaos
    Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    Steve,

ya do 29er stuff too, correct? i am putting my peyto ridiculight zona ebb frame in the classifieds today as well, i plan on giong 29er. i'll start to build the front wheel perhaps this week. i've been thinking karate monkey, but i'd like to go custom by either you or paul at peyto (i'm just not sure if he does 29er) if i can get by without a ss so i can save up some cash.

cheers and beautiful work on that frame.
    Steve does beautiful 29er frames. I have one. He was able to keep the chainstays short (16.75") and plenty of tyre clearance with his yoke.
    Attached Images Attached Images