Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!

2M views 7K replies 2K participants last post by  JJx 
#1 · (Edited)

Attachments

See less See more
#6,583 ·
I'm afraid that simply posting that question here means you're already infected, it is incurable so only thing left is to satisfy those urges - they are perfectly natural and we are here for you.

I wasn't in great shape, I'm still not in great shape, but I normally ride 2k-4k at 500ft/mile. I use a 34x23 ratio. Your legs get used to it and then your knees and back will thank you.

Honzo ST is a great bike. The ti version is even better... it sure does suck to have to buy twice...

#6,594 ·
Sort of the wrong place to ask but at 6 foot, I'd recommend a Large no doubt. Standover isn't an issue on a frame with a low TT so I imagine you'd be fine there. A large is probably the proper size.

I know two guys on Honzo's that are 5'9" ish, and another who's 5'10" or 11 that's on a Large.

#6,606 ·
#6,613 ·
#6,617 ·
I recently converted my race bike and made other changes as well.

'17 Scott Scale 900RC now was 120mm SID RCT3, Purgatory/Ground Control 2.3" and 36/18 gearing. In the stand, without a chain tensioner, the chain tension was perfect but after one ride it has slightly stretched and I have since installed one(just in case).
Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Wheel Bicycle fork Bicycle frame

#6,628 ·
A couple of pics from yesterday. Winter Solstice on the SweetSpotSingleSpeed. I'm liking this thing more and more.

You can see traces where the fire came down the ridge into Annadel State Park, toward the lake.
I have that picture of almost every bike I have owned in the last 20 years

Reactions: chuckha62
#6,625 ·
2018 Vassago VerHauen
New Evol Fox Factory 34
Sunrigle Duroc 40 with I9 hubs
Sram GX Crank
Brooks Cambrium carbon saddle
Raceface next post
Bontrager pro 90mm stem
Bontrager carbon bars
Esi grips and togs
Travail 2.6 tires (for now)
26.3 lbs (Those tires !!)
Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame
Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.