Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!

2M views 7K replies 2K participants last post by  JJx 
#1 · (Edited)

Attachments

See less See more
#1,629 ·
swapped bars back to the soma odins, and trimmed them dowb, pulled a saddle out of the LBS spare parts bin.
haven't removed the studs yet. and need to shorten cables... when i get things sorted.
currently running fixed.
since the pugs arrived december this has been sitting in the rack... :(
first ride this morning on it in quite a while!

IMAG2131

IMAG2126

#1,635 ·
Crosstown Stew said:
So I'm rehabing a sprain knee and thought the fs rig would be a little bit more of a smoother ride than my ht ss. Well I had all the old parts from when I first converted over to ss several years ago so I didn't have to buy anything, just took about 1.5 hours of time to convert everything over. I was really impressed with how well the bike handled on the trail as a ss. The ML is a great bike geared but I thought as a ss it would be kinda sluggish. This setup bombed through turns and downhill and although it's about 5 lbs heavier than my ht ss, I didn't notice it in my overall time. I think I'm going to leave the gears off for now and maybe throw a Paul tensioner on there. The surly did fine, some small pops when I really torqued the chain but with this type of tensioner I've had similar problems on other bikes, so I picked up a half link to get the chain a little tighter and if that doesn't fix it, I'll go with the Paul setup.
I've been on the fence on whether I would SS a FS bike I have, you've inspired me to do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.