Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!

2M views 7K replies 2K participants last post by  JJx 
#1 · (Edited)

Attachments

See less See more
#1,597 ·
Thanks! That is a steel rig. I just really like the feel and ride quality of steel. It has been my staple ride for six years now and still rides like a dream. I did recently throw on some some jones h-bar to see how the hand position change would work and I like them so far. Good to know there is a blacksheep thread, I will have to check it out.

#1,599 ·
Picked this up today from an uber kool dude on here for an really awesome price (um...the price of gas to go gt it,and a few rolls of tape :eekster: :D ). 2010 (I forgot to ask) Dawes Deadeye in 15" flavor,only pics I had time to shoot when I got back home,I'll get some better ones this weekend :)

I REALLY dig inexpensive things that work :thumbsup:

#1,601 ·
My first SS, first 29er and first HT since the 90's. I love it so far, I never want to ride my FS bike anymore.

Frame: Trek Marlin, 17.5"
Fork: Rockshox Recon Solo Air TK Silver w/ G2 geometry
Wheels: Stan's Arch w/ ZTR hubs
Tires: Bontrager 29-3 Team Issue 2.0" w/ Stan's sealant
Cranks: E-thirteen XC SS
BB: The Hive
Chainring: Blackspire Mono Veloce 32T
Cog: Surly 20T
Chain: KMC 710SL Gold
Brakes: Avid Elixir 5
Rotors: Avid G2CS 160mm
Headset: OEM - Came with frame
Stem: Bontrager Race Lite 90mm
Handlebars: Witchey WCS Carbon 15mm rise
Grips: Ritchey WCS foam
Seatpost: Thomson Elite 27.2x350mm setback
Saddle: WTB Silverado Team
Clamp: Hope non-QR
Pedals: Crank Brothers Candy C

The only thing I may change this year (unless something breaks) is to get a HBC 20T cog. Next year I'd like to get a carbon frame and either Reba or F29 RLC, maybe also better brakes (not a huge fan of the Elixirs, I just happened to have them leftover from my Fuel EX 8) and Eggbeaters.

#1,607 ·
FS SS more fun than HT SS

So I'm rehabing a sprain knee and thought the fs rig would be a little bit more of a smoother ride than my ht ss. Well I had all the old parts from when I first converted over to ss several years ago so I didn't have to buy anything, just took about 1.5 hours of time to convert everything over. I was really impressed with how well the bike handled on the trail as a ss. The ML is a great bike geared but I thought as a ss it would be kinda sluggish. This setup bombed through turns and downhill and although it's about 5 lbs heavier than my ht ss, I didn't notice it in my overall time. I think I'm going to leave the gears off for now and maybe throw a Paul tensioner on there. The surly did fine, some small pops when I really torqued the chain but with this type of tensioner I've had similar problems on other bikes, so I picked up a half link to get the chain a little tighter and if that doesn't fix it, I'll go with the Paul setup.

Attachments

#1,608 ·
Took the plunge and bought an inexpensive SS 29er (GT Peace 9r) in January having never ridden either. The most fun I've had on a bike in many years! Two months later picked up a used El Mariachi frame, finished building two days ago, maiden voyage yesterday. Had a blast!! :thumbsup:

Attachments

#1,614 ·
Mountain Cycle Shawn said:
If my bike were that ugly, I'd shave it's ass and make it roll backwards!

Not really, just teasing you. It's nice. I think the green and brown go good together. Did you paint it? And what fork is on it.
It's actually copper colored...sort of. It is hard to tell in the pictures though. I got the frame powdercoated a nice copper vein color, so it's a bit textured..wish I could show this by pictures because it is very cool. And the fork is a Soul Cycles Hooligan. I got it on sale from SC for $9 :thumbsup: I was going to powdercoat the fork too but the color was so close when I saw it that I decided not too. I would have spent more powdercoating it than I spent on the fork. It is a light pearl brown/copper color and besides not being textured it is very similar. Got the frame for free from a buddy so $75 for the powdercoat and $9 for the fork isn't bad :lol:

#1,616 ·
sasquatch rides a SS said:
It's actually copper colored...sort of. It is hard to tell in the pictures though. I got the frame powdercoated a nice copper vein color, so it's a bit textured..wish I could show this by pictures because it is very cool. And the fork is a Soul Cycles Hooligan. I got it on sale from SC for $9 :thumbsup: I was going to powdercoat the fork too but the color was so close when I saw it that I decided not too. I would have spent more powdercoating it than I spent on the fork. It is a light pearl brown/copper color and besides not being textured it is very similar. Got the frame for free from a buddy so $75 for the powdercoat and $9 for the fork isn't bad :lol:
Right on!

#1,618 ·
My 1st SS and 29er.
2007 Redline Monocog frame powdercoated matte black
Reba Race fork
Easton wheels, bar and stem, and seat post too
H B C Chainring, cog and tuggs
SLX Crank set
Crank Bros Egg Beater pedals
Salsa skewers and seatpost clamp
Ritchey seat and headset
Avid Juicy Seven brakes, overlook the rotors, going to put G3' s on soon
Took the pics in the shade as to not wash out the red.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.