Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The "New" Post Your Singlespeed!

2M views 7K replies 2K participants last post by  JJx 
#1 · (Edited)

Attachments

See less See more
#2,191 ·
Going to find out today on my 2nd ride on it. So far I like them a lot, just like you predicted, the Ardent gives a lot of cush and rolls smooth, while the Nic sounds like a tractor tire on pavement and really buzzes a lot, but hooks up as good as anything I have ridden on the loose climbs. Stay tuned. I feel a good ride report is coming our way in the next few days.

#2,192 ·
This is my commuter bike. It's a 1997 Trek 950 steel frame (Made in the USA btw). Has an Origin8 crank, Sinz aluminum front sprocket, Wellgo MG-1 platform pedals, k carbon/kevlar handle bar, Bontrager "urban" wheels (I have no idea what the f### there called), I painted the frame white, fresh brake pads and I swapped the brakes around to be motorcycle style (front brake on the right). It's also fast and fun to ride. I can hop up/down curbs and go thru pot holes and not worry about a thing on this. It's my supermotard without a motor.

#2,193 ·
first try

I saw the frame for sale cheap and couldnt turn it down but wasnt too sure what to do with it. After i thought about it i decided why not try a single speed to change it up from what im used to and get a different style of ride and i fun way to get around town this summer.. not as nice as most of the bikes on here but i still love it.. i need a new fork for it badly though:madman:

Attachments

#2,201 ·
Finally stopped to get pics of my "Teal Terror" out on the trails.

(click 'er for bigger)

Also here's some bonus pics of the star thistle I got to play around with today. "Perforated" is probably the best way to describe my shins right now and I probably lost more blood to that stuff than to an average crash. It's amazing what I can still consider fun after the fact if it's something I did on a bike.

#2,206 ·
Thanks! They're ODI Cross Trainers that I got on closeout last year. I'm sure they're still available out there somewhere, and ODI seems to release different grips in the same brown every once in a while

FWIW they are a soft but fairly thin profile grip and I'm not convinced yet of their greatness for rigid riding yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.